Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Make Your Own Tarot Box!

Corbin, that is fantastic!

I was looking thru a craft book the other day, and saw a thing on gilting stuff...which might be an interesting look too (it seems to go with my love of modpodge)...
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      Corbin, that is fantastic!

I was looking thru a craft book the other day, and saw a thing on gilting stuff...which might be an interesting look too (it seems to go with my love of modpodge)...
      That would be a good look!

Also, covering the box with fabric ( attach it the same way that the felt lining is attached), or decorative papers, like these:

http://www.dickblick.com/categories/...nepalesepapers

... would be really nice.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

OK - I listed this box on Etsy for $35. It would get a few views a week, but nothing really to sing about.

Suddenly on Thursday, in the course of about 3 hours, it got around 350 views, and then sold.

What happened was that somebody on Etsy staff picked the box to go on the front page, people saw it, and it went viral.

The moral of the story is that these should sell well - if anybody is looking for some extra income...
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Very nice box!! I admire your work. And also, way awesome to photograph it step-by-step!!

Comment

Thanks, MyPseudonym!

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

Thanks, Kabigo!

Comment

I've been meaning to get a box for my deck for ages but never found one I liked. Love that larger box. Thanks for this
                  Real Hand Carved Magic Wands

Comment

Working...
                  X