Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Time of Deep Mourning... And maybe Isis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Time of Deep Mourning... And maybe Isis?

Hey guys. I don't post here much, mostly lurk, but something happened last night and I'm desperate for some spiritual input.

To start with my beliefs, I'm (currently) panentheist, I believe all deities exist but for my own connection to the divine I've never felt "right" reaching out to one deity or pantheon. I've had a deep respect for Egyptian pantheon since before I knew what "pagan" was, but frankly I've always feared the Egyptian pantheon and never felt worthy of reaching out to it. I've done next to no research on the Egyptian pantheon. When I speak to the divine, it's never been directed at any one. I've asked for signs, if any one wanted to give me one, of who might be listening, but I've wanted them to come to me instead of me forcing myself on them.

My wife's father just died, and she had to endure watching him die. She had to go across the country and I had to stay home. I've been sick with sadness at the thought that she's had to endure this without me, literally the worst thing that's ever happened to her. I knew she was in so much pain after watching him die, and I lit incense, candles, sat down and spoke to the ether as always and just begged for them/it/someone to give me her pain.

Um, I'm 99% sure someone listened.

Last night my wife wrote a journal entry online detailing her experience, the only window I have into what she went though, and I completely and utterly broke down. I actually think I may have been experiencing some kind of shock, because I was freezing and shuddering violently. I hate so much that I couldn't be there. I did the only thing I could do and lit a candle, laid down, and just spoke to whatever was out there. I thanked them for answering my call and letting me share her pain, however horrific it was, and hoped it wasn't just a sharing of pain, but maybe a transfer of it, if only a fraction. I kept talking and begin to doze off. In that in-between state I suddenly had an image of a hieroglyph. I don't think it translates in real life, but in the dream/vision/half asleep thing I understood it meant the goddess with her beloved child, and I woke right up and said Isis' name aloud. Completely out of the blue.

I woke up this morning and looked up Isis, only to find out about her son Horus and how she is associated with mourning. I had no idea about any of this. I've never had any kind of direct interaction with deity/goddess/divine, but I feel like Isis may have just made herself known to me. I want to reach out to her, but I want to with all respect. I've never reached out to a deity, spoken their name in prayer, but I want to let her know I'm listening and thankful that she made her presence known... I just don't know how.

Does anyone know of online resources on Isis? Or can give me any tips on calling out to her? I DON'T want to offend her, if that was her that gave me a poke. This is very new territory for me. God/Goddess worship/ritual is really, really new for me. I've never felt the need to worship a god or engage in ritual, but if Isis is trying to get my attention I'm not going to ignore her, especially now.

Thanks guys.

Re: A Time of Deep Mourning... And maybe Isis?

Wow, what an intense experience. I'm so sorry for you and your wife's loss, BlueAurora. My condolences, and hopes that after she returns home with be a time of peace and healing.

We have a couple of Kemetics on the board, and so I'll let them handle experience with Isis. I wish you the best of luck, though.
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Have my condolences.
      There once was a man who said though,
      It seems that I know that I know,
      What I'd like to see,
      Is the I that knows me,
      When I know that I know that I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
        Wow, what an intense experience. I'm so sorry for you and your wife's loss, BlueAurora. My condolences, and hopes that after she returns home with be a time of peace and healing.

We have a couple of Kemetics on the board, and so I'll let them handle experience with Isis. I wish you the best of luck, though.
        Thank you so much. I wasn't sure if this was even the best thread for this discussion. I really hope someone with way more knowledge than myself can point me in the right direction.

Comment

My condolences. I believe Gardenia posted some information about Isis in the Kemetic board.

I've found if you want to offer to Her if nothing else incense, fruit, and water will do. Some people with the House of Netjer have experience Her as having expensive tastes, but simple offerings do fine in my experience.

Here's a decent start on more info: http://www.philae.nu/philae/kemeticAset.html
          my etsy store
          My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
          surrounded by plush, downy things,
          ill prepared, but willing,
          to descend."

Comment

I'm sorry for your wife's loss. I'm afraid I don't have any sites for you, though.
            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
            X