X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Druidry

Hi all

I have had an interest in Druidry for quite some time although have only recently begun to pursue this interest. I'm specifically interested in reconstructionist Druidry (rather than the countless denominations of Wiccanised Druidry that seem to be around) and was wondering whether anyone has any good links or suggested resources/books for this subject?

Also, any advice on how one might go about studying and following Druidry as a spiritual path would be muchly appreciated!

Re: Druidry

This may be a good place to start? http://paganachd.com/
    Re: Living History Blog
    Ancient Celtic Clans

Comment

Like any reconstructionist path, you're probably going to find your best sources to be history, archeology, and anthropology texts, not something someone else has written. This goes double for Celtic beliefs, since the only things that were written were by the Romans, and thus heavily biased.
      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I recently gave out a few links in another thread in this section, about Celtic information online. You might want to check them out. The IMBAS site in particular, http://www.imbas.org/imbas/index.html contains some interesting articles. It is not directly about druidry, but there is plenty there that can help to recreate your own Druid path. With reconstruction, you have to remember that there is VERY little genuine evidence and a lot of it comes down to what feels right. Later pagan religions might be easier to reconstruct with a degree of accuracy, but with the ancient Celtic religions, you just have to read, read, read and try to reconstruct something workable for yourself.

Good luck!
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
          With reconstruction, you have to remember that there is VERY little genuine evidence and a lot of it comes down to what feels right.
          Kind of; as long as "what feels right" can be supported by some decent level of historical documentation. I've found that many reconstructionists tend to be very wary of "what feels right" and eschew UPG outright.
          Re: Living History Blog
          Ancient Celtic Clans

Comment

Thank you all for your replies!

Comment

Originally posted by Gobae View Post
              Kind of; as long as "what feels right" can be supported by some decent level of historical documentation. I've found that many reconstructionists tend to be very wary of "what feels right" and eschew UPG outright.
              I meant 'what feels logical', but I understand what you were getting at ^^
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

There is really very little about Druidry to be reconstructed...at least that would make it Druidry, rather than Celtic Recon.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X