This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Pagan Coming Out Day

I just dont know how well this is gonna turn out, and it looks like a ploy to sell their cafepress stuff.. they said its at cost but its not actual cost, its cafe press cost.. .in other words the lowest amount cafepress lets you sell for which still gives them a profit. *sigh*
    "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

Re: Coming out of the Broom Closet

UPDATE: I LOVE MY MOMMY!!!! My aunt and I had an argument this week, my mom got drawn into the whole thing, and in some roundabout way it came back to my religious beliefs. I told my mom that I had honestly been surrpised she didn't know I was Pagan because I thought it was obvious, but that I was really impressed she'd been so open-minded and hadn't freaked out about it.

"When I asked you if you weren't a Christian anymore and then there was that awkward silence," she said, "I wasn't trying to make you feel bad. I was just processing it! Your choices are yours to make. I knew you were looking into all this stuff, but I didn't know you'd made any kind of decision about it. I looked at other stuff...you know I dabbled. And I'm not saying that's what you're doing...I realize that's not what you're doing [that's the part that made me really happy--she accepts that it's not a phase!] but yeah, I looked at other things too. That's your decision."

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. I feel so blessed to have her for a mother. So have we talked about what I believe? No. Is she okay that it's different from what she believes? Yes. I'm absolutely fine with that. If she wants to know, I'll tell her, and if she'd rather not know, then at least I know she's tolerant.

Sorry, had to gush. Done now.

Comment

Woo hoo ... ^
        I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I seriously doubt the organizers are concerned with that, it was probably just the fastest way they could get merch out for anyone who wanted it. It's not about wearing shirts that say you're pagan, it's about standing up together and declaring it.
          Be Excellent to each other - or something will Happen to you.

Comment

Ravenferret, that's wonderful!
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Awesome. Mothers sometimes have a way of surprising you. My mom reacted with some incredulity when I came out, but once she was convinced I was serious, she surprised me by not only being totally supporting AND borrowing my books to learn more, but also sewing me two beautiful robes.
              Be Excellent to each other - or something will Happen to you.

Comment

May the 2nd is my birthday x
                "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I'll probably still try to wear something green in support, I'm just sayin they are saying its at cost and well... cafepress is hardly "at cost". However if they donated the profits to a charitable organization, it would look even better on pagans as a whole. Yes we are of the devil, that's why we're trying to save the planet.
                  "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

^good point ^.^ i like that
                    "Close your eyes, take 20 paces farther than you thought nessesary and just when you think you've lost your way completely.. you'll be there. open your eyes" Alice Hoffman

Comment

you have to like it, you married me.

Comment

awww cute ^^
                        But mummy the other religions dont have to 'an it harm none'

Comment

lol puke....
                          "Close your eyes, take 20 paces farther than you thought nessesary and just when you think you've lost your way completely.. you'll be there. open your eyes" Alice Hoffman

Comment

So, if the Christians have a thing going around right now that the world will end on May 1 this year, is this mass "coming out" party meant to add insult to their injury of not waking up on the 2nd to find themselves seated at the right hand of Jesus in heaven?
                            HEY ADMIN

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT

Comment

I was under the impression that was one preacher and he thought it would happen May 21st. But as a pagan I fail to see how their beliefs either way have any relevance in an event about coming out of the broom closet.

On that note, I may want to see if I have spring green ribbon...
                              my etsy store
                              My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                              surrounded by plush, downy things,
                              ill prepared, but willing,
                              to descend."

Comment

Yup, indeed -- my memory playing tricks on me, they've been promoting it happening on the 21st of May this year.
                                HEY ADMIN

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT

Comment

Working...
                                X