I want to be an Apothecary!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to be an Apothecary!!!

I am really interested in being a traditional Apothecary and I am starting to collect supplies and I am finding new herbs that I should grow in my garden. I am wondering what kind of herbs and supplies do you think i should get/grow?

Re: I want to be an Apothecary!!!

I can't help you specifically with that, but I can suggest a way to do market research that will answer your question.

First, how will you be selling? For example, face to face, at farmer's markets and fairs, or over the Internet, or a mixture of them all?

This will tell you who your target market is, and once you know that, you can watch them and find out what they want.

Let's say you're going to sell over the Internet. Go to etsy.com, and do a search for the herbs you are thinking about selling. Find out what's being offered, what's actually being bought (you can check a seller's "sold items" page to see), how much is being paid, and pay most attention to what is selling a lot for the highest price, but isn't offered by many sellers - that's what you want to be selling.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by teenspirit View Post
      I am really interested in being a traditional Apothecary and I am starting to collect supplies and I am finding new herbs that I should grow in my garden. I am wondering what kind of herbs and supplies do you think i should get/grow?
      Hello teenspirit,

I have put together a website and some kits to help people get started in making their own herbal remedies. My web address is: < link removed by staff. please contact this poster in private for the link >. I thought this might be an ideal way of helping people get started because it includes all the products and herbs you will need, without you having to guess what to buy and without the huge initial financial outlay. Then, when you are comfortable with using, recognizing and energizing with the herbs in the kit, you can decide which herbs you would like to purchase more of.

Warm Regards,
      Annanie

Comment

Well, you'll probably have to look at laws and such in your area. Depending on the area herbal practices may require medical licensing of sorts. I know most I've met have an ND, so you may want to look at that as well.

As a bit of note: the apothecary has evolved into today's pharmacist. That may be why you're having trouble, especially since I'm impressed you mean something like an herbalist.
        my etsy store
        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
        surrounded by plush, downy things,
        ill prepared, but willing,
        to descend."

Comment

Working...
        X