New people! Don't be shy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New people! Don't be shy.

I'm seeing a lot of new people but I'm not seeing many posts by said users beyond the introductory stage.

Don't be afraid to make new posts and ask questions and chime in. We don't bite.

...Okay, some of us bite but most of us only nibble a bit.
    There once was a man who said though,
    It seems that I know that I know,
    What I'd like to see,
    Is the I that knows me,
    When I know that I know that I know.

Re: New people! Don't be shy.

I just joined yesterday (technically several hours ago), so I'm still getting situated! OxO

Comment

Originally posted by GabrielWithoutWings View Post
      I'm seeing a lot of new people but I'm not seeing many posts by said users beyond the introductory stage.

Don't be afraid to make new posts and ask questions and chime in. We don't bite.

Seconded!

...and welcome to PF! (in case I missed your intro)

Seriously, its more fun if you type too!
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GabrielWithoutWings View Post

Glad to see the addendum here.

Past that. Come forth! Post! No point in signing up if you aren't going to do anything. I probably won't bite much till you've been around a while anyway.

You're too skinny before fifty posts. Not enough reward for the effort.
        Last edited by MaskedOne; 20 Feb 2012, 06:36.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Welcome from me as well...

For the newcomers as well-- if you don't see a thread on something, don't be afraid to start one! We had a huge server crash a little over a year ago, destroying most of our archives...so what you see is primarily activity since then.
          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Yea,jump right in,the water is nice,and believe it or not you gonna have a lot of fun,and there are a lot of knowledgeable people to ask questions about so many things.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm pretty new but I'm trying to get stuck in and posting.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the general opinion is that i've posted a wee bit too much. Haha.
                Please disregard typos in above post. I browse the web on a Nook and i suck at typing on touch screens.

Comment

Originally posted by Just_Wondering View Post
                  I'm pretty sure the general opinion is that i've posted a wee bit too much. Haha.
                  I don't think that's true We may disagree with each other sometimes, and some of those times things get heated, but it doesn't mean that we dislike the person we disagree with or that they spoke too much!

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                    I don't think that's true We may disagree with each other sometimes, and some of those times things get heated, but it doesn't mean that we dislike the person we disagree with or that they spoke too much!
                    thanks for that.
                    Please disregard typos in above post. I browse the web on a Nook and i suck at typing on touch screens.

Comment

Yup, what Danie said.

Disagreeing on a topic or two is fine...unless it spills out all over the board in any interaction between two people (we have had that happen from time to time, and its a mess to clean up). Actually, disagreement makes things more interesting...we'd be pretty darn boring if everyone agreed all the time.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                        Yup, what Danie said.

Disagreeing on a topic or two is fine...unless it spills out all over the board in any interaction between two people (we have had that happen from time to time, and its a mess to clean up). Actually, disagreement makes things more interesting...we'd be pretty darn boring if everyone agreed all the time.
                        I think that's a fair assesment. Some forums are very adamantly against anything but the most polite weathertalk-i wonder why the boards even exist to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                          Glad to see the addendum here.

Past that. Come forth! Post! No point in signing up if you aren't going to do anything. I probably won't bite much till you've been around a while anyway.

You're too skinny before fifty posts. Not enough reward for the effort.
                          I'm over 300 posts now *offers arm*.
                          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

*Acquires approrpiate limb removal kit (axe and blow torch)*

Don't worry about a thing, I have a great deal of practice cauterizing wounds.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I just found this forum today. I'm trying to find peopple who accept me as I am. I realy hope I can find someone to talk about in here, but I have to say: It's very hard to find something to talk about... I allways feel like I'm in the way. :/ I hope people don't mind if I just write there something.

Comment

Working...
                              X