Fluffy Bunny! Well... yes, I am.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fluffy Bunny! Well... yes, I am.

fluffy to someone, sooner or later. I leave offerings for the fae, practice candle magic, work with herbs and incenses/oils, and casually go about believing in witchcraft, dragon magic, and a whole host of what some deem fantasy creatures. Fae.

So, to try and get us all past this 'us and them' mentality, (whether we at PF have been guilty of it or not, it's still all over the web, this anti-fluffy sentiment) I'd like to know! Honestly, aren't we all a stranger to someone? Don't we all have beliefs or traditions/practices that are kind of bizarre to the next person? Think about it.

I know YOU are weird simply because I know that I am.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Re: Fluffy Bunny! Well... yes, I am.

I agree Chain,it is just a matter of taste. I have seen people get into a physical fight over how to eat grits,I myself try not to become so "Perfect" in my beliefs that I can't see that flexibility is the key to learning new things.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Chain, that was very eloquently said. Well done.

The number one strange thing about me as I explore what works and what doesn't? It seems that as much as a path involving Norse and Germanic gods works for me, the Aesir have ZERO, and I mean zero interest in me.

However literal one wants to be, the beings that answer when I say, "Hello out there?" are Vanir and Jotun. Yeah...frost giants. Normally the "bad guys" from the traditional telling. That's a big part of the reason why I don't have heathen something-or-other listed under my name.
      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

This is why I reject the term 'fluffy'. To my ears, it sounds like the speaker is trying to imply that THEIR way of doing things is superior to another's way. That kind of arrogance is somewhat fluffy itself if you ask me! I admit that there are things I dropped from my practice because of the influence of other people, but if anything, I think my need to be accepted and conform is my biggest weakness. I also sometimes roll my eyes at some of the things noobs or younger pagans write. This just shows how immature I am yet and I think a part of it is jealousy because I miss that feeling of excitement, wonder and the belief that I could do anything so long as I learned the special techniques. Conforming seems to make you 'dry up' and 'go through the motions'.

So long as you can explain why you do things the way you do (rather than 'because the book said), then I think you can be confident that you're on the right path. If others are so insecure that they need to look down on others in order to feel good about themselves, then it is surely THEY, who are a little behind in their development.
        Last edited by Jembru; 20 Feb 2012, 11:14.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

As an outsider, I didn't think that's what fluffy bunny meant. I thought it was the absence of all negative things and the belief that nature was nothing but bunnies and fairies and happy animals living together in perfect Cinderella esque harmony.

Do you think I could be a possible fluffy Satanist?
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
            Chain, that was very eloquently said. Well done.

The number one strange thing about me as I explore what works and what doesn't? It seems that as much as a path involving Norse and Germanic gods works for me, the Aesir have ZERO, and I mean zero interest in me.

However literal one wants to be, the beings that answer when I say, "Hello out there?" are Vanir and Jotun. Yeah...frost giants. Normally the "bad guys" from the traditional telling. That's a big part of the reason why I don't have heathen something-or-other listed under my name.
            I probably find that far too entertaining for my own good.

Toward the original post, if I don't come as strange periodically then I'm not trying hard enough. If that's the case then I can start preaching the Gospel of Bugs Bunny or the God-Emperor of Man but I'm less likely to be banned for Bugs Bunny. I would go for the true joy and start quoting from the SB Bible but if the various SB gods interpret that as a cross-board invasion then....

Hmm, lets just not find out.

EDIT: Not qualified to preach the Gospel of Bugs. This leaves GoEM, Skynet, if I had better memory the Animaniacs, must find better toons....
            Last edited by MaskedOne; 20 Feb 2012, 12:28.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Stroking Medusa's fluffy bunny fur...Ouch..freaking fur is sharp and tipped with poison.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

This type of stuff is what I'm going to deal with in a few YouTube episodes (yes, I'm dumb enough to come up with my own webseries) soon.

As for your fluffiness: I'd say "hairy bunny", but that's neither here nor there
                my etsy store
                My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                surrounded by plush, downy things,
                ill prepared, but willing,
                to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  As an outsider, I didn't think that's what fluffy bunny meant. I thought it was the absence of all negative things and the belief that nature was nothing but bunnies and fairies and happy animals living together in perfect Cinderella esque harmony.

Do you think I could be a possible fluffy Satanist?
                  Actually, I think you've raised a good point. Different people and even groups of people will likely have different meanings for what a fluffy bunny is. That white-light, love everything, happy-happy-joy-joy persona is just another fluffy trait... unrealistic, even in the terms of one with bizarre beliefs, to the point of action without thought, or like Jembru said about 'cuz the book says'.

But to answer your question? Oh, hell yeah. Fluffy Satanist, indeed. I don't know if you've noticed this or not, Medusa, but you're like... weird. There's no 'always on attack', 'anti-xian', 'take your God and shove 'im!' People expect dead babies, blood sacrifices and grave-robbing - that's the stereotypical Satanic stuff, isn't it? What are you doing being, like, NICE??

That's really the whole point, really. Beating back the stereotypes.

-----------------------------------------

I don't want to scare someone away just because I'm a critic, and I analyze others' beliefs for anything I may find useful in them, for my own path. That alone puts me in a weirdo category, so making someone else feel like an outcast is seriously misdirected. But then again, it's not a contest to see who is weirder, or which of us has the strangest superstitions. Just that, as far as I'm concerned, as different as we all are (which, frankly, is a VAST array) it's what makes us similar that we should be paying attention to. What the hell is wrong with someone believing that Love and Light are the very things we're all made of? Particularly if there's nothing wrong with believing in some sort of an afterlife, ultimate being(s) or a hidden yet spiritual meaning to something obvious.

I think I'm trying to talk people into being a bit more lenient, open-minded and accepting of beliefs that we're not already comfortable being around.

How many Wiccans do we have on these boards? Heathens? How about Eclectics? How many Christians?? So... a fluffbunny?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                    Actually, I think you've raised a good point. Different people and even groups of people will likely have different meanings for what a fluffy bunny is. That white-light, love everything, happy-happy-joy-joy persona is just another fluffy trait... unrealistic, even in the terms of one with bizarre beliefs, to the point of action without thought, or like Jembru said about 'cuz the book says'.

But to answer your question? Oh, hell yeah. Fluffy Satanist, indeed. I don't know if you've noticed this or not, Medusa, but you're like... weird. There's no 'always on attack', 'anti-xian', 'take your God and shove 'im!' People expect dead babies, blood sacrifices and grave-robbing - that's the stereotypical Satanic stuff, isn't it? What are you doing being, like, NICE??

That's really the whole point, really. Beating back the stereotypes.
                    Hmm...you do have a point there. But it feel 'natural' for me to be this way. This is my own level. So I wonder if everyone feels the same way? Maybe that's just their level and should be left alone. Also I'm nice because I don't bring kill into my own den. Other places? Oh yeah it's on like Satanic Donkey Kong!
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                      I think I'm trying to talk people into being a bit more lenient, open-minded and accepting of beliefs that we're not already comfortable being around.
                      This I can support and with some effort even work on adhering more closely to. I won't always back it, there are some perspectives including one or two from late and unlamented members that should be challenged and challenged vehemently but those are relatively uncommon.

I'm still all for manufacturing odd superstitions though. Playing the lunatic is fun, otherwise I'd need to find a new role.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

You can count me in too. I've already been trying to be more open minded, but I'll definitely do my best to accept other beliefs, even those that might sound weird to me. You did a great thing in starting this thread Chain! Lets hope it catches on!

It must be said though, that this forum is unique in its openess to all faiths. I've heard (and seen evidence posted here), of some real horror storied on other sites. Pagan Forum surely deserves some credit for this.
                        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
                          There once was a man who said though,
                          It seems that I know that I know,
                          What I'd like to see,
                          Is the I that knows me,
                          When I know that I know that I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post

It must be said though, that this forum is unique in its openess to all faiths. I've heard (and seen evidence posted here), of some real horror storied on other sites. Pagan Forum surely deserves some credit for this.
                            We try. Often we are successful... Sometimes we are not. We do try to maintain a middle-road, tone wise...but we've been slipping to more skeptical and less welcoming, lately (at least I think so). The first of which can be good and healthy--but not when it gives the impression of the latter.

I believe in plenty of stuff that some would deem "fluffy"...but the difference, at least in my approximation of the term, is in willful ignorance of factual information often combined with the purposeful perpetuation of disinformation. For example, the Burning Times or the idea of a matriarchal prehistory or Wicca=neolithic witchcraft region, etc. Medusa's idea of "the absence of all negative things and the belief that nature was nothing but bunnies and fairies and happy animals living together in perfect Cinderella esque harmony" would fall into this as well...

I may not agree with Chain on the nature of the existence of the Fay, but I don't see that belief as "fluffy".
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Hah, yes...I'm aware of those!

As is, I'm settling in a bit more before I pick a more specific title, if I ever do...
                              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Working...
                              X