X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fluffy Bunny! Well... yes, I am.

Originally posted by Dez View Post
    Hah, yes...I'm aware of those!

As is, I'm settling in a bit more before I pick a more specific title, if I ever do...
    I advise insanity. I'm not using it for religion right now and it's normally entertaining as a descriptor in any circumstance that does not involve judges or shrinks.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I have visited many forums about Pagan issues,and this forum is by far the most open,and accepting I have encountered. Few if any of them would have so many diverse beliefs displayed,and not have it turn into a flame war.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Ouch. That kicked me right in the ego. Yep, guilty as sin here--I've called people white lighters, fluffy bunnies, dark snowflakes, and lightworkers while sneering. I say that I have an open mind, but dealing with Pagans who work with New Age "flufffied" versions of angels makes my butt hurt. This was a good reminder to me for keep myself in check.
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
          Ouch. That kicked me right in the ego. Yep, guilty as sin here--I've called people white lighters, fluffy bunnies, dark snowflakes, and lightworkers while sneering. I say that I have an open mind, but dealing with Pagans who work with New Age "flufffied" versions of angels makes my butt hurt. This was a good reminder to me for keep myself in check.
          Hey, I think we are nearly all guilty from time to time. I know I am...usually in the Special Dark Snowflake direction or the Nature=Happy, Peaceful Harmony direction.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

I felt that too Habbalah, which is why I am so thankful to chain for starting this. Can't deny there is something of an innocent bliss about some of our fluffier cousins, so maybe we can learn from that. I've decided to do one thing I'd have formerly considered 'fluffy' this week. Dunno what yet.
            Last edited by Jembru; 21 Feb 2012, 12:40.
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Oh hel yeah. Look around, I've put my foot in it quite a bit, on PF alone. I don't think I've been quite as condescending as I've been impatient but I know that's not how it comes out in the written word. Open-minded, tolerant - yeah that's me. Wait... oops. Seems like I've been losing a lot of ground on those.

Maybe I should start closing all my posts with "Love, Light and Laughter" or something... except, I don't think anyone would buy it coming from me.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I tend to think that everyone retains some fluffy aspects in their practice-they just find more eloquent ways to explain them.
                Please disregard typos in above post. I browse the web on a Nook and i suck at typing on touch screens.

Comment

'Fluffy Bunny'

Hello all,

I am rather frustrated. I have been called a 'fluffy bunny'. I should probably explain this further...

I have a friend called Maiku who in my opinion - is a fluffy - but I've never said this to him as I try to think he is still learning. He has been influencing other pagans in the area whom I believe to be my friends - because of this, my older, more mature pagan friend has been calling me a 'fluffy bunny' which to my understanding means that I practise/hold my beliefs because of the fashion aspect of 'being a witch'.

I'm not the one who has people round every night to show off my 'wicked chi powers' or freak people out. (Maiku). I'm simply wondering if any of you can offer me some advice, as I do not want my older friends opinions of me to be affected by Maiku - the person whom I origionally introduced to Witchcraft when I saw he was ready.

I wish to further my knowledge, and am always learning - but how do people call me a fluffy, when I never brag or 'show off' to other people, and keep my craft to myself, where Maiku who holds witchy parties with people who think he is some sort of character off of charmed gets off completely free?

I'm not sure if this is the correct section to post in - but I need some help.

Comment

Re: 'Fluffy Bunny'

We have a thread that deals with this somewhere. The gist of it is everyone is "fluffy" to someone.
                    my etsy store
                    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                    surrounded by plush, downy things,
                    ill prepared, but willing,
                    to descend."

Comment

I see, does anyone know where this thread is?

Comment

There's a search function in the top corner.
                        my etsy store
                        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                        surrounded by plush, downy things,
                        ill prepared, but willing,
                        to descend."

Comment

There are a lot of different definitions. Most people seem to want to include beginners, but exclude the posers - and the different definitions are their attempts to put this idea into a set of rules for doing this.

Some use their definitions to purposely exclude others - often in an attempt to safeguard some special thing (like a secret teaching, for example).

Still others use it as a type of insult - they get to feel superior by making others feel inferior, like bullying.

At least, that's how I see it.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
                            There's a search function in the top corner.
                            sometimes the search function is persnickety though...

In this case it behaved itself, but rather than make anyone try to figure out which one is the useful thread, click here, or here on pagan stereotypes in general.

But yeah, the next time someone said I was a FB, I'd follow Little Bill's advice...and then I'd find new co-coreligionists to hang with, with better taste.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Wait....so people call people fluffy just they're beginners? That seems a bit harsh doesn't it? We don't know better, we're just starting out.

Comment

Originally posted by Meava View Post
                                Hello all,

I am rather frustrated. I have been called a 'fluffy bunny'. I should probably explain this further...

I have a friend called Maiku who in my opinion - is a fluffy - but I've never said this to him as I try to think he is still learning. He has been influencing other pagans in the area whom I believe to be my friends - because of this, my older, more mature pagan friend has been calling me a 'fluffy bunny' which to my understanding means that I practise/hold my beliefs because of the fashion aspect of 'being a witch'.

I'm not the one who has people round every night to show off my 'wicked chi powers' or freak people out. (Maiku). I'm simply wondering if any of you can offer me some advice, as I do not want my older friends opinions of me to be affected by Maiku - the person whom I origionally introduced to Witchcraft when I saw he was ready.

I wish to further my knowledge, and am always learning - but how do people call me a fluffy, when I never brag or 'show off' to other people, and keep my craft to myself, where Maiku who holds witchy parties with people who think he is some sort of character off of charmed gets off completely free?

I'm not sure if this is the correct section to post in - but I need some help.
                                Meava, I'm new here too, and to paganism and wicca, and this fluffy bunny concept is extremely new to me. So, people call other people fluffy bunnies because they're weird or beginners, or because they practice differently than others, to any and all craft? IMO, that's not right or fair.

Comment

Working...
                                X