Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right or Left handed,it really does mean something.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Right or Left handed,it really does mean something.

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    I was just wondering if ambidextrous happens without someone forcing it. It is I think a left brain,right brain thing BUT the funny part if I remember it right is if you are right brained you are left handed,and a left brained person would be right handed.
    Anyone have better data about this??
    The brain is cross wired so that the left side of the body feeds into the right hemisphere of the brain, and the right side of the body feeds into the left hemisphere of the brain. I can't really recall, but I don't believe that it has a lot to do with handedness.

There was some speculation back in the 80's that left handed people are more creative because the right side of the brain is the one associated with creativity, and there is a bit of statistical data to support this, but it really shouldn't make a whole lot of difference because the two brain hemispheres communicate very well, unless you're had your corpus callosum cut as a fashion statement, or you came down with a nasty case of Agenesis.

But, just like hands, one hemisphere tends to be dominant - but you can't attribute too much to that because there are very few activities which are really exclusive to either hemisphere.

You are also either right eyed or left eyed too...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
    X