Wealthier People More Likely To Lie or Cheat, Researchers Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wealthier People More Likely To Lie or Cheat, Researchers Find

I don't really know many Wealthy people,so I don't know about this,but read and decide.

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Wealthier People More Likely To Lie or Cheat, Researchers Find

It makes sense to me, and I saw it as far as cheating and poor driving in high school and college. The consequences are easy enough to get out of if you can easily afford the fine or the lawyer bill.

Comment

Study or no, I have a lot of trouble believing that. I don't know anyone in the 'super rich' (over 5 million) crowd, but I know a few in the modestly wealthy (1-5 million) crowd and they're all honest, kind, community minded people. My family was in that category of wealth before 2008 (stock market crash changed things) and before age slowed him down a bit my dad volunteered more than anyone I know, and my mom was always into living modestly. My parents friends and kids at my school who were well off were also all super nice and a lot did a lot of volunteer work, worked really hard in school, etc.

I also strongly question their sampling methods. Craigslist? Seriously? I know studying well-off people and especially the super wealthy is hard, but I highly doubt the viability of studying the wealthy using Craigslist as a recruiting tool. And they're finding 'upper class individuals' through a job recruiting site? That sends quite a few red flags to me. Also, what kind of wealthy people are they studying? Are they people who have been wealthy their whole lives and ingrained in that community (contrary to what that article says, the wealthy DO have a strong sense of community a lot of the time and are often involved in strong, solid social circles with people they care deeply about). Are they people who worked very hard to earn their money? Invested wisely? Lived modestly? All of the above? Are they people who grew up lacking a lot of things and then suddenly made a lot of money (which seems to me to be the most likely to cheat, as poverty makes you want to hold on to what you have when you can get it and I've seen a lot of studies with lottery winners or people with very sudden high incomes caving in to greed more often due to this). I need more info and a better sample before I'm buying this.
      Last edited by DanieMarie; 28 Feb 2012, 10:19.

Comment

Here is a quote,take it for what you will,considering its author,it kinda makes you wonder.

Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.
        Napoleon Bonaparte
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I have a hard time taking anything Napoleon ever said seriously.
          Last edited by DanieMarie; 28 Feb 2012, 10:52.

Comment

Working...
          X