Christian-Pagan marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christian-Pagan marriage

No,this is not about combining these two different paths,it is about being married to a person that has a different path than yours.
    My EX was and is a devout SDA Christian,and I was and am a Pagan. I had no problem with this,and agreed when we got married that she could send our kids to her Christian schools. When we parted,it was not me who wanted to split,but she had problems with my Pagan beliefs. Even though I was never the type to put my alter up in the living room,or even really talk to her about my path.(She on the other hand never missed a moment to tell me I was LOST" Anyone in this situation?
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Christian-Pagan marriage

I've been very lucky in that regard...my spouse and I met and married while very young, and left our birth-religion together.

We've had several people pop on the forum asking for advice about that exact similar situation, though...I wonder if any of them have stayed?
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

From my personal perspective usually it is not the pagan partner with the problem.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

My wife is Catholic and I am pagan(and have been most of my life)we have been married for twenty seven years. We married in the catholic church after my taking a written test that I passed with the highest score the priest had ever seen in all his years of giving it. This was my wife's long time desire and I had no problem with doing this. I agreed also to have our three kids brought up in the church, but at home they were made aware of many types of religious practices and beliefs besides the ones tought by Catholicism.
        My son and oldest daughter have left the church(but are not pagan) and my youngest daughter is still a practicing catholic. We all get along fine and respect each other religious beliefs.
        Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

I'm not married, but I've had relationships with people of a variety of religions, from strong atheists to devout Christians. There has been a little conflict at times, but nothing to cause a major problem. I always try to respect other people's religious beliefs. I think it's an important part of a relationship, and I'm not sure I'd could be with someone who couldn't accept my religion, as it would be like they couldn't accept part of me.

Comment

Working...
          X