Natural headache remedies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Natural headache remedies

Sooooo after a few more blood tests, I'm showing signs of liver and gall bladder stress. I need to go get more tests done, but until I do, I have to avoid all things that are stressful to the liver.

The problem is, I sometimes get headaches. And it can be tough to concentrate with them. On the 'avoid at all costs' list is Tylenol, because it's really hard on your liver. But I'm also not supposed to take -any- meds that are not prescribed to me. Anyone know a natural way to deal with headaches (that wont cause stress on my liver)?

Re: Natural headache remedies

I don't think my remedies would be strong enough for you, but I'll tell you how I deal with headaches.

Most of mine are just from dehydration. I do drink plenty water, but often too much at once and I think it can't be processed quickly enough so just erm, goes through.. So slowly drinking water is often all it takes to lose the headache.

With more stubborn ones, I use a technique my ex-girlfriend showed me. I soak a flannel in cold water with a few drops of lavander oil (I think she used campher too, but I don't find I need this.. in fact, I think it is just the cold that does the real work), place it in the fridge for a few minutes to cool it more. Then lie with that on my forehead. I don't know why this works but it really does seem to.

Besides that, erm, I actually find that having se... erm, 'relations', shifts a headache!

It sounds to me that yours are way more serious than mine so I'm not sure how much this will help.

I'm sorry to hear how much you're struggling with your health. It must be really hard to have so many food intolerances. Hopefully they'll finally be able to help you and you can start feeling 100% again! The sooner the better!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I will try the lavender thing! My headaches aren't that bad...I'm just suffering from fatigue (I think both are hormonal, due to the time of my cycle) and headaches at the same time, so I feel all cloudy and it's hard to concentrate and focus on stuff.

I've more or less decided that my body just doesn't deal with modern life very well. I can't seem to process any unnatural foods. I can't do a sedentary lifestyle (I actually get physical problems and high levels of stress from sitting too long). It's funny because I'm not someone who longs for the past and I really love technology and stuff. I guess I can be thankful that we have modern medicine to help clear up some of my other issues. It's just really frustrating because I feel like it's one thing after another with my body and I go to various doctors all the time and it's pretty conclusive that there's nothing seriously wrong with me and I'm not dying, but there are one or more minor things wrong with me and it causes a lot of issues in my daily life. Blah lol.

Comment

On the back of your head, just above your neck there is an indentation. Just above this indentation is a "ridge". Most of your neck muscles connect to your head at this point. Use some pressure with your (or someone else's!) fingers and rub this area. Continuing rubbing down your neck to where it connects to your shoulders at right around C7 (the bigger bump just above & between your shoulder blades. You can rub in circles and in longer strokes.

Scalp massage and hair pulling (grab the hair near the roots and pull straight up) also loosens things up and can help with a headache. If you tend to be a jaw clencher or teeth grinder when you are stressed or tired, try rubbing that area as well.

I love the cool towel idea with the lavender as well. You might also try this on the back of your neck as well as the forehead.

And hydration is important. I'm with Jembru in that most of my headaches are because I don't drink enough water. You can also try adding things to your diet that will help to strengthen your liver & gall bladder.

Comment

I second Omidottir's massage. I can't take aspirin and the like since I conk out (found out from the doctor this is a sign of an allergic reaction) and found massager and yoga work for me.
          my etsy store
          My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
          surrounded by plush, downy things,
          ill prepared, but willing,
          to descend."

Comment

Working...
          X