• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things you can't never understand

I can't naver understand:
    -rasism
    -nuclear weapons
    -Dudes who can't share (for example theyr food) even they see theyr friend(s) are hungry.
    -war

Re: Things you can't never understand

Sparkle-vamps
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

the need to be right
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

Why people can't understand things.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          Why people can't understand things.
          Sparkle-vamps are like Mythos entities. Understanding them is bad for my mental health.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Originally posted by Kabigo View Post
            -rasism
            -nuclear weapons
            -Dudes who can't share (for example theyr food) even they see theyr friend(s) are hungry.
            -war
            Capitalist greed?

~I don't understand a lot of things. To name them would take my whole life :P
            "Wealth is as swift | as a winking eye
            Of friends the falsest it is."

Havamal, 74

"The wolf that lies idle | shall win little meat,
            Or the sleeping man success."

Havamal, 58

Comment

People that can't seem to understand the simple principle of keeping their noses out of other peoples private business.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                Sparkle-vamps are like Mythos entities. Understanding them is bad for my mental health.
                LOL - but the only way you could know that for sure would be if you tried it and found out. That being the case , then either:

A. You did not do the experiment, and therefore can not make an authoritative statement,
                Or
                B. you did do the experiment and either your mental health is currently unstable, or you did the experiment and suffered no ill consequences. In the first case, your testimony becomes unreliable because of your poor mental health, or in the second case, you are lying in claiming that they are bad for your mental health. In either case, your testimony becomes unreliable.

So the moral of this story is: there are some things we can't know for sure until we try them, and they may end up being bad for us.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Of course my testimony is unreliable. I keep my title as "Insane."

On that note, all people should try and understand sparkle-vamps. The world is too sane. I want more shattered minds....

Past that, I may have seen them break a similar mind and I'm operating on the theory that if they break minds similar to mine then they're perilous to mine. It's not perfect evidence but it's a partial answer to your conundrum. It's better if I exposed multiple seemingly stable minds to the horror of sparkle-vamps to confirm my test.
                  Last edited by MaskedOne; 06 Mar 2012, 13:09.

Comment

I know I won't ever be able to understand Ziltoidian waste. It's just too profound for me to understand with my inferior Earthling mind.
                    my etsy store
                    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                    surrounded by plush, downy things,
                    ill prepared, but willing,
                    to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Kabigo View Post
                      The use of a double negative.

Mostly art.

Comment

I can't understand why you can cut out snacks for a month and lose 7lb, then have three cookies and gain 3lb. Come one body, this is double standards!

I also can't understand jealousy and/or competitiveness. Can't people just be happy for the achievements others have made, whether or not they consider their own to be better? I mean, surely my small successes, subtract nothing from your own, so why take so much joy in putting me down? One-upmanship is lame.
                        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I can't understand why people feel the constant need to fill up empty space with conversation.

I will never understand the fascination people have with reality t.v.
                          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I hate reality TV,if I want reality,I can just go outside.
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                              I can't understand why people feel the constant need to fill up empty space with conversation.
                              Don't know exactly why people have this issue but it's consistent enough that a reliable police interrogation tactic is to walk into a room, sit down and stare at a suspect for an extended period. In a lot of cases, the guy across the table is gonna start talking just to fill the silence. Human minds don't seem to like silence in certain conditions.

Comment

Working...
                              X