My life can be weird sometimes....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My life can be weird sometimes....

Yesterday, Mr Penry awoke and was convinced we had slept through the Apocalypse and were the only two people left on the planet. Very little that happened in the ensuing 24 hours managed to convince him otherwise, although I think I have talked him around this morning.

Did anyone else notice anything weird recently, or is it just my particulary mad corner of the planet??
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Re: My life can be weird sometimes....

A relative did something weird this morning but otherwise not really.

I'm banning all massive cataclysms till next year at the earliest though.

Several books I want come out in 2012 and I will be most unforgiving if they're delayed by minor things like Armageddon.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Yes, I remember hearing someone in my little village who was convinced the world was going to end on the coming Friday. 'I'm going to be ever so annoyed,' she said, 'I was planning on going out that night...'

As for massive cataclysms.... they all seem to be attracted to Mr Penry

Comment

Things always feel a little weird to me leading up to the equinoxes & solstices. It felt creepy outside last night - we get these flat, hollow-feeling desert winds this time of year, the clouds were low & it didn't really feel like we had any atmosphere. And our side-yard motion sensor light was on, but there was nothing blowing around back there to set it off.

Just creepy feelin'.
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I've often noticed feeling very unsettled around the equinoxes - and particularly so yesterday. It's as though the season is just balancing out and settling down.

But I have to admit that even Mr Penry has never seriously thought he might have slept through the Apocalypse before!

Comment

My life is always strange so I'm not sure I can say either way :\
            my etsy store
            My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
            surrounded by plush, downy things,
            ill prepared, but willing,
            to descend."

Comment

For myself,if things were to normal,then I would worry.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                Yes, I remember hearing someone in my little village who was convinced the world was going to end on the coming Friday. 'I'm going to be ever so annoyed,' she said, 'I was planning on going out that night...'
                I like this approach to impending apocalypse. It's not quite as fun as telling the universe to delay the apocalypse for a year or three but it's still entertaining.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
                  My life is always strange so I'm not sure I can say either way :\
                  That was going to be my answer.
                  Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Thank you for all your answers! Mr Penry is presently recovering from post-apocalyptic doom and gloom, hopefully normal service will be resumed as soon as possible...

Comment

Working...
                    X