Convicted Nazi criminal John Demjanjuk dies at 91, German police say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convicted Nazi criminal John Demjanjuk dies at 91, German police say

John Demjanjuk, a retired U.S. autoworker who was convicted of being a guard at the Nazis' Sobibor death camp despite steadfastly maintaining over three decades of legal battles that he had been mistaken for someone else, died Saturday, his son told The Associated Press. He was 91.

I just thought this might fit.

Considering who died,and a lot later than he should have.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Convicted Nazi criminal John Demjanjuk dies at 91, German police say

Big problem with Nazi criminals who fell of the radar is that when they're found in old age, you can't really do much with them. Unless you catch them in the act or soon after, it is difficult to find where or not they were really participants.
    "Wealth is as swift | as a winking eye
    Of friends the falsest it is."

Havamal, 74

"The wolf that lies idle | shall win little meat,
    Or the sleeping man success."

Havamal, 58

Comment

Re: Convicted Nazi criminal John Demjanjuk dies at 91, German police say

Originally posted by ConnollyCelt View Post
      Big problem with Nazi criminals who fell of the radar is that when they're found in old age, you can't really do much with them. Unless you catch them in the act or soon after, it is difficult to find where or not they were really participants.
      Yeah this is really true. You don't have so many witnesses and evidence of brutality anymore. And working somewhere like a prison or a camp doesn't necessarily mean they were participants. There's also a really difficult issue of willful participation vs. forced. A lot of people were forced to do really horrible things for fear of their own lives and that of their families. I know that in my own family, my great grandfather didn't want to deal with them at all (he wasn't a fan). Luckily he was an architect so they only made him do that for him, but he didn't want to help them at all. But if he didn't, he was afraid they'd kill not only him, but everyone he cared about. Because that's what they did. They were horrible.

If this man was a true war criminal, though, good riddance. I hope there aren't too many left. It's at least getting to the point now where most of the elderly were children or teens during the war.

Comment

Working...
      X