Objects Left For You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Objects Left For You

GypsySeaWitch's post about finding a necklace in a shop made me think to post this here. Has anyone found an object that you felt like it was left for you? I don't mean in a store in this case, though. I'm more talking about things you find in your home, out in nature, or other odd places.

A friend of mine (who is a life-after-death Survivalist), has been finding cat's eye marbles all her life, left for her in various homes she's lived in (and once in a public park, I think).

I found a ring the other day in my dresser. I was cleaning it out to get rid of clothes and it was just sitting there on the bottom of the top drawer, right in the middle where I couldn't miss it. I've never seen it before. Here is a picture of it (sorry it's blurry; I took it with my phone.)

I put it on and was surprised to find that it fit perfectly. I have a few rings in my jewelry box, but they're all too big for me (I recently lost about 20 pounds). Even when they fit, I never wore them; I'm not really a ring person. I took it off and had it sitting on my desk, but I couldn't stop thinking about it and put it right back on. I've worn it every day since finding it, on my left ring finger.

Interestingly, when I told my aforementioned friend that I found it and how, she immediately told me to take it off and purify it. She is an atheist and not a big believer in the spiritual world beyond ghosts, so her reaction surprised me. I've never felt a negativity towards the ring; just a strong draw to wear it.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Re: Objects Left For You

I had an odd talent for finding religious symbols on the ground as a child. Many were cherubs or angels.

My favorite, however, is most mysterious and most beautiful. I found it in my own basement, which is not odd, since it was often employed for budget ceremonies in the community due to how large it was and how close to various temples (like weddings and bar/bat mitzvahs), and because the object has two Jewish symbols. It is comprised of a flat, etched ring with two little support rods that hold what appears to be a very old, thick silver coin, which is free to spin. On one side of the coin is a Star of David, on the other, the symbol for chai (life, also the number 18). I asked everyone who may have been at my house in the past month if the highly unique piece belonged to them, because I assumed it was either a special heirloom or a piece made by a prominent Israeli or Jewish jeweler. Everyone said they'd never seen anything like it.

I'm very grateful it appeared to never have had an owner (asking every Jew in town to make certain was very easy), because I prayed no one would claim it, so much did I love to spin it and theorize that it was sent to me by an angel.

Comment

In my experience, I've found more non-religious objects that I felt I was 'meant' to find. Sometimes it was something I'd been thinking about--I remember in college being bummed because a language book I wanted was rare and out of print in the U.S. I walked into one of the old bookstores off-campus, which I visit regularly--and there was that book, so new-ish that the spine hadn't broken or the pages yellowed. After I bought it, it got me thinking about how wanting something might actually move things around through the universe.

More recently, it's been getting flowers for my altar. For one of Mary's Feast Days (under Her guise as Our Lady of Guadalupe), I wanted fresh flowers. At the store I saw some flowers that I felt were ugly, and tried, TRIED to buy different ones. But they were out of reach, or wilted. And every other step I took brought me back, squarely in front of one particular bouquet of the ugly flowers. I even told Her "These are ugly!" in my head. There was only amusement and another inner nudge. Naturally, I bought them. (I talked with Habbalah about it later, who looked the flowers up: It is the national flower of Mexico, where the Lady of Guadalupe originated.) It's only happened occasionally since then, but I keep it in mind, that what the Lady and my Guardians want is different from what I wanted for them.

Comment

I like this thread. Kind of related to your topic, I am addicted to our local Goodwill outlet store, where stuff is put out on the floor unsorted in giant bins, and sold at $0.69/lb. The things I find and buy there, I almost consider to be things left for me, like they were meant to find their way to me. It's where I found my Tarot deck that I feel really speaks to me. It's where I find unique jewelry that no one else has. Many times I go in hoping to find something very specific and I do! It's actually kind of spiritual to me in that the Goodwill is a place to buy things that would otherwise be thrown away. It is about making someone's trash into your treasure. It is about helping the earth by not wasting things. I think the deity or entity I am hoping to find has something to do with reuse and recycling. I need a thrift store goddess. I swear, it is a very spiritual experience for me! Is that weird??

Comment

I found my grandfather's stiletto in my new bedroom. He's been gone for a decade, and it just felt like a final gift when I found this knife that NOBODY had been able to find in the house after he died. I keep it in my pocket with my hematite, tiger's eye, and protective runescript.

Comment

Originally posted by wulfric View Post
            I found my grandfather's stiletto in my new bedroom. He's been gone for a decade, and it just felt like a final gift when I found this knife that NOBODY had been able to find in the house after he died. I keep it in my pocket with my hematite, tiger's eye, and protective runescript.
            Sorry to be ignorant but besides a type of shoe, what is a stiletto? Really lovely that you found such a precious item though, whatever it is.
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

A stiletto is a thin, narrow bladed knife.

Yes, I often find things - not overtly religious or spiritual (apart from a rune stone in the middle of my lawn once) - but well, interesting. I often notice things that I believe are 'sent' after my pets have died... stones left in a pattern in the garden (to which nobody else has access. I just accept them for what they are, and always remember to say thank you. I may not be entirely sure who sent them, but somebody did, and if they can do that, well, they'll be looking out for a thank you, methinks.
              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                A stiletto is a thin, narrow bladed knife.
                It is also a knife that the blade comes out of the handle through the front as apposed to the side or bottom. Sometimes this is done automatically when a button or lever is pressed and a spring tension mechanism is released. Similar to how a switchblade knife works.
                Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

He was a police officer and this blade saved his skin several times, so it was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by wulfric View Post
                    He was a police officer and this blade saved his skin several times, so it was nice.
                    Be careful if you intend to carry your grandfathers knife as many states have strict laws about even owning one of this type. This is a great memento for you to have of his and it would be very sad if it was taken from you.

I tend to find wallets for some reason. I think I've found at least six of them and one purse so far and have returned all but one wallet. The one that I didn't find the owner to had no ID in it and only $6.00. The funny part is that I was thanked only one time and that was for the purse And some of the wallets had large sums of money in them when I took them to the owners. I wasn't looking for a reward or anything like that but a simple thank you would have been nice.

The other thing I find is one earring, many of which I incorporate in to things I make like medicine bags and such.
                    Last edited by Monk; 11 Apr 2012, 08:02.
                    Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

When I read Tylluan's reply, I was slightly alarmed that you'd carry this on your person. I figured maybe there are some states where it is legal to carry such a thing, but here in the UK, it is very much illegal. Not only would it be horrible, should anything happen to such a precious belonging, but according to statistics here, more than half of all stabbings in the UK are by the victim's own weapon. I really don't want to tell you how to live your life, but please consider treating this item with the respect it deserves.

As for the main topic. There was one year, I think my second year in uni, when I recieved three crystal points. Two were amethyst and one was citrine (the heat treated type that has an orange/gold tint to it, rather than the greenish colour of genuine citrine). All three of these were found by friends of mine, always in a car park (London, Liverpool and Newcastle), and in all three cases, the person who found them picked it up and apparently just KNEW they were for me! It was pretty weird, but kinda cool.
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I found children's toys alot when I was younger. Some of them were really old things. I lost them awhile ago though.
                        Circe

Comment

Originally posted by MyPseudonym View Post
                          I like this thread. Kind of related to your topic, I am addicted to our local Goodwill outlet store, where stuff is put out on the floor unsorted in giant bins, and sold at $0.69/lb. The things I find and buy there, I almost consider to be things left for me, like they were meant to find their way to me. It's where I found my Tarot deck that I feel really speaks to me. It's where I find unique jewelry that no one else has. Many times I go in hoping to find something very specific and I do! It's actually kind of spiritual to me in that the Goodwill is a place to buy things that would otherwise be thrown away. It is about making someone's trash into your treasure. It is about helping the earth by not wasting things. I think the deity or entity I am hoping to find has something to do with reuse and recycling. I need a thrift store goddess. I swear, it is a very spiritual experience for me! Is that weird??
                          I have had similar experiences shopping. There's a particular Goodwill that I go to if there's something I need. I'll go in there with an open mind and let myself be drawn to something. One time it was a dress that I later needed to go to a fancy event. Another time it was three small Goddess statues that I'm sure were meant for me.

I also have a knack for finding gifts for friends. I had a special incense holder that I got and knew it wasn't for me. Every time I went to get rid of it something stopped me. Ten years later I finally gave it away as a gift and it was the perfect thing for the occasion.

It's definitely a spiritual experience for me as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X