X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

artemis

Hello everyone,
    I am an outdoorsman, I basically live outside and would rather be there all the time than inside. I run alot and know alot of the trails in my
    county. I have been recently (past 3 years) running at a placed called Indian Hill, which feels like home to me.
    One day after running I began to have visions of this beautiful lady. She would come with me to work, go on walks and runs and i would see her
    in my meditations and yoga. She has showed me alot over the 2 1/2 years she has been with me daily. She showed me alot about myself, as she seems
    so much like me, like she is a part of me. She seems to encompass the nature of being I want to follow and be.
    She doesn't talk much if at all but mostly shows me things. Anyway the other day she showed me who she was. She brought me on a journey during
    a meditation showed me her name "artemis" for which i had known nothing about. She then brought me to many places but the one that stuck out
    the most was when we came up from water into a bright light were a very powerfull man stood and held his hand on us. He seemed so scarily powerfull
    I tried leaving but Artemis motioned for me to stay. He placed his hand on us and said "protector of light" several times before we left.
    I am writing a book about my interaction with her, it seems like an ongoing process. I thought she was a spirit guide but now seems to
    encompass "Artemis".
    I own a landscaping company and this year seems to be slower than normal. I want to follow her because the more I follow her and do what pleases
    us both the more happy I am. The more I follow the path I want to follow the more I see her. I'm thinking of following her
    more and more as I think it will help me grow into the person I want to be, but it will undoubtly affect my income. so not sure.
    It seems like she is telling me what I want to hear, to be outside more. But it isn't so simple as I have an employee and bills to pay until i make
    the "big' step and follow our dreams completely. I'm 26 and am cautious about selling off all my equipment and moving but I feel like it is something
    I really want and need to do. I know i will not die happy if I don't take a month or more hiadus into the woods to follow my path.

Does anyone know if this seems like artemis? what sort of purpose do these goddess's hold? She's telling me who I am and what I want to do and i want to
    please both her and i but it is much more complicated than dropping everything to follow your dreams.

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

I see her almost every hour or two walking around, doing things around me is this normal for a goddess?It has been this way for almost 3 years

Re: artemis

Artemis traditionally refers to a greek goddess of the hunt. There are also lunar connections but I'm leaving that alone.

Artemis was the ancient Greek goddess of hunting, the wilderness and wild animals. She was also a goddess of childbirth, and the protectress of the girl child. She was usually depicted as a girl dressed in a knee-length dress with a hunting bow and a quiver of arrows. Her Roman name was Diana.

has some basic info.

Haven't a clue why someone appearing with her would be talking about a protector of the light. Without that comment, Apollo is rather bright and shiny. He also manages scary if he wants.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Re: artemis

If you are an outdoorsman who makes his living with land and plants, you are already following Artemis. She is to me one of the dearest aspects of the great spirit.

Don't try to put a face and a neat set of understandable dependable attributes on the great spirit, whatever you call her. You'll never find her if you try to invent her and the effort will make you crazy. Take your month, follow and see what happens. Blessings follow you wherever you go.
      Last edited by Miranda; 21 Mar 2012, 19:11.

Comment

Working...
      X