Chocolate lovers are thinner, study says

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chocolate lovers are thinner, study says

This is good,because I eat about 3 pieces of Chocolate a day.(the Dove little chocolate things)

USA TODAY delivers current national and local news, sports, entertainment, finance, technology, and more through award-winning journalism, photos, and videos.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Chocolate lovers are thinner, study says

Hmm. So my problem is preferring strawberry to chocolate? Must... change...preferences...

Comment

I don't believe it. I eat 3923572394^3 bars of chocolate and I'm slightly overweight.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Well, it might be true. If I ate three caramel bars a day I'd end up being the size of a small car.

Comment

Looks to me as though the original study is talking about small pieces of good quality dark chocolate. Most American chocolate is crap, dove included, unfortunately.

Also, looks as though it maybe an issue with people who are capable of eating in moderation, rather then the chocolate itself. Causation vs correlation.
          Last edited by Dez; 26 Mar 2012, 17:26.
          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

It would go somewhere towards explaining why my boyfriend is so skinny! Seriously though, research based on a survay shouldn't be taken too seriously. As Dez pointed out, these are people who exercise at least 3 times a week, so probably have good discipline. Chocolate in moderation probably is good for you. Especially dark chocolate is a great source of iron and until I got bored of the taste, I was eating a piece daily because I convinced myself I had an iron deficiency.

I really think it comes down to just eating a wide range of foods, trying to stick to healthier choices and getting plenty fruit, veg and water. So long as you keep active and don't overdo any unhealthy habits, it should all balance out. I'm pretty tired of obsessing over nutrition and worrying if I'm getting it wrong. I'm gonna try to give way less of a damn about my diet. It occured to me that the Wheel is turning bloody fast.. or in otherwords, life's too short! It's not that I'm scared of growing old.. it's just that when the lines appear, I hope they're smile lines!
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
              Looks to me as though the original study is talking about small pieces of good quality dark chocolate. Most American chocolate is crap, dove included, unfortunately.

Also, looks as though it maybe an issue with people who are capable of eating in moderation, rather then the chocolate itself. Causation vs correlation.
              I'm with Deseret on this one - the study is referring to high quality dark (probably 80% and higher) chocolate. Anything lower is just shit. Look at the ingredient list of any chocolate below 80% - sugar is the first ingredient. Sometimes you're lucky and it's the second.

Go 90% dark. That stuff tastes like cocoa, but oh god, is it delicious (I'm a bit of a dark cocoa fiend. I make hot cocoa without sweetener.)

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
              X