Strange food preferences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange food preferences

I came up with this idea from Annitu's chocolate post. Do you have a weird thing you like to eat that everyone things you're crazy for? Deep-fried chicken and pickles? Ice cream and french fries?

Mine's peanut butter by the spoon. I eat that shit like it's a food group (the natural peanuts-only stuff, mind.)

Mostly art.

Re: Strange food preferences

I do that with peanut butter also,What I also like is fried eggs with mustard on them,people have said Ewwww to that sometimes.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I dip bread in coke.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

I like savory oatmeal for breakfast, with a bit of curry powder, and meat, fish or eggs on top.
        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Does dipping pizza in ranch dressing count? I really don't have any weird food things I like.

As for my mom, I could write an entire chapter on the strange food preferences she likes. The two that come to mind, however, is chicken and ice cream, and peanut butter and hotdogs. For the chicken and ice cream, she'll take a bite of each. For the peanut butter and hotdog, she cut the hotdog lengthwise and spread peanut butter over it. Yuck!

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            I do that with peanut butter also,What I also like is fried eggs with mustard on them,people have said Ewwww to that sometimes.
            I can see eggs and mustard working. I have this mustard in the fridge that I bought locally that's made with stout and thyme...and yeah. I've definitely eaten it on eggs (and anything else I can get my hands on!)

Originally posted by Dez View Post
            I like savory oatmeal for breakfast, with a bit of curry powder, and meat, fish or eggs on top.

Mostly art.

Comment

Well I mentioned my taste for eating natto neat (even some of my Japanese friends say that's hard core). I have a few other odd tastes too. I eat the peel off oranges and kiwi fruit. I eat the core of apples. I can eat cherry tomatoes like they're sweets. Green tea poured over cold rice gets a few weird looks, and I like to chew chilly peppers. I'm sure I can think of others. My roommate is always telling me my eating habits are messed up!
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                Well I mentioned my taste for eating natto neat (even some of my Japanese friends say that's hard core). I have a few other odd tastes too. I eat the peel off oranges and kiwi fruit. I eat the core of apples. I can eat cherry tomatoes like they're sweets. Green tea poured over cold rice gets a few weird looks, and I like to chew chilly peppers. I'm sure I can think of others. My roommate is always telling me my eating habits are messed up!
                I've heard kiwi skins are high in fibre....and I think I might have to try green tea poured over rice. It intrigues me.

Mostly art.

Comment

Go for it! It's quite popular in Japan. It was a girl I lived with there who told me about it. The tea warms the rice up (generally left over from the previous evening meal). I eat brown rice, but I'm starting to question whether white rice is really as bad as people claim. The Japanese diet is extremely healthy and they mainly eat white rice. In fact, rice is such a massive part of the diet, that one way of refering to the main meals of the day, is by saying 'morning rice', 'midday rice', etc, whether or not rice is consumed! It's quite charming.
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I put fennel seeds on pizza, and there's little I love more than to eat something hot/spicy and then take a sip of strong black coffee. It's the BEST combination!
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

As a big gal... oh yes!

1)Sour pickles on the side of everything!
                      2)Pizza with pepperoni, pineapple and jalapenos. I also drink green olive juice with it in the same bite.
                      3)Pickles and peanut butter
                      4)Lemons with seasoning salt
                      5)flaming hot cheetos with cream cheese
                      )Blazing Buffalo Dorritos (with lemon juice)with Jalapeno cheese dip
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I like ketchup on mac 'n cheese and on grilled cheese sandwiches. People in the US tend to find that weird.

Comment

I drink gravy instead of tea at night XD
                          "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                          - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Trinity: I do the pizza in ranch thing as well.

Jembru: You might not want to keep eating apple cores. I was told I could give apples to my dogs to help with their teeth but not to let them eat the core because there is arsenic in the seeds that can build up in the system over time.

Don't know how weird all this is, but I like horsradish pickles, my fiance makes them. And occasionally horsradish seasoned cheese. I like to mix hot mustard and sweet and sour sauce to dip egg rolls in at the chinese buffet, which sounds really good right now. I eat almonds plain. No salt or flavoring or anything. And I like pepper in my mac and cheese. If I think of anything else the people around me usually make faces at, I'll let you know.
                            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I'm a salt fiend. Salty & sour. I love things like lemons w/salt on them... or salted prunes. Pickle juice, olive juice, salad peppers. If someone offered me a handful of chocolates and a salt lick dipped in lemon juice, I'd take the salt lick. I love the new trend of salted caramel everything. Or like hot chocolate where the rim of the mug has been dipped in chili powder & salt. Oh yeah, baby - chili peppers & chocolate, that's another one of my favorite combos. I think I was an Aztec at some point in a past life.

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                              Jembru: You might not want to keep eating apple cores. I was told I could give apples to my dogs to help with their teeth but not to let them eat the core because there is arsenic in the seeds that can build up in the system over time.
                              It's cyanide. When combined with stomach acid, apple seeds produce hydrogen cyanide, and it takes a lot for a human to be poisoned by them. Dogs generally weigh less than people, so it wouldn't take as much to poison a dog (or a cat or child, for that matter).

What amazes me is that along with apples & pears, all pit fruit seeds (plums, apricots, peaches, nectarines, and bitter almonds) contain cyanide, but there is more than one website out there touting the 'amazing healing benefits' of apricot 'kernels'.
                              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Working...
                              X