A Question for any Hindu's here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Question for any Hindu's here

Dunno if there are any here, but im sure someone will be able to awnser my question in some form or another.

Im writing a novel at the moment as part of a contest between me and my brother, he is in the film industry in New York and has challanged me to write 100 pages of original story. he is doing a script and im finaly getting to work on a novel ive drafted like.. 5 times in the past but dumpted...

Anyway, without giving too much away!

Where do Hindu's stand on fighting and warfare? If a Hindu is given a fight or die situation, how do they face it? is there glory in dieing heroicly in combat? or would it be a very very bad thing to do?

Hope its not too confusing a question, but thanks in advance!

Re: A Question for any Hindu's here

Originally posted by Stoph View Post
    Dunno if there are any here, but im sure someone will be able to awnser my question in some form or another.

Im writing a novel at the moment as part of a contest between me and my brother, he is in the film industry in New York and has challanged me to write 100 pages of original story. he is doing a script and im finaly getting to work on a novel ive drafted like.. 5 times in the past but dumpted...

Anyway, without giving too much away!

Where do Hindu's stand on fighting and warfare? If a Hindu is given a fight or die situation, how do they face it? is there glory in dieing heroicly in combat? or would it be a very very bad thing to do?

Hope its not too confusing a question, but thanks in advance!
    It would depend on the time period, sect, caste (if applicable), and individual Hindu you are talking about.

Also, why is this in Abrahamic Traditions?

Comment

Modern Era, and coz i derped :-p

Comment

Two words: Bhagavad Gita.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
          Two words: Bhagavad Gita.
          I don't think it's that simple. I think for some Hindus, especially in modern times, the idea of ahimsa is more important than fulfilling ones role according to one's station in life. I mean, think of Gandhi.

Comment

Working...
          X