• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Duck Day!

so interesting and amazing one day

Comment

Hey Corbin we got ducks too!!!

They've had ducks out at the country farm for about 2 years now but they had too many males - only 5 and with about 30 girls, but they still didn't want the extra mouths to feed. The ones at the farm are for egg laying - we actually now have a contract with an Austin restaurant that buys the whole lot every week. Anyway, they kept one male and we got four as pets. So far so good without any girls but I'd like to add some in the future for the eggs.

Hilarious to watch!

The Pagan Porch - a Pagan Homesteading forum

Sand Holler Farm Blog - aren't you just dying to know what I do all day?

Comment

I want a Chick and a Duck :P X
        They are so cutttteeee!x
        "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Aww, duckies! Too cute!
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by Madness View Post
            Hey Corbin we got ducks too!!!

They've had ducks out at the country farm for about 2 years now but they had too many males - only 5 and with about 30 girls, but they still didn't want the extra mouths to feed. The ones at the farm are for egg laying - we actually now have a contract with an Austin restaurant that buys the whole lot every week. Anyway, they kept one male and we got four as pets. So far so good without any girls but I'd like to add some in the future for the eggs.

Hilarious to watch!
            They are hillarious to watch. We let them roam, and K'Roe has them trained so that when they go into the neighbor's yard, we just open up a window and shout "Hey! Ducks! Get back over here!", and they all come waddling back in a row - led by the goose.

And when you have females, I think they actually lay better than chickens.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
              They are hillarious to watch. We let them roam, and K'Roe has them trained so that when they go into the neighbor's yard, we just open up a window and shout "Hey! Ducks! Get back over here!", and they all come waddling back in a row - led by the goose.

And when you have females, I think they actually lay better than chickens.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

I haz a duck Or I am a duck!
              Either way I <3 Ducks! x
              "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by FantasyWitch View Post
                I haz a duck Or I am a duck!
                Either way I <3 Ducks! x
                As far as I know, you are not a duck
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Quack! :P x

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post

I can't believe I missed this. I'm always missing stuff when I check the forum on my phone. Thanks Corbin! He's lovely!

Oh, has anyone ever seen a mallard drake with negative colouring? JP and I spotted one near his gran's home in Middlesbrough but I wasn't able to get a good picture of him. He's the first of his kind I have ever seen, so I'd be interested to know whether or not it is a common genetic fault in the species. It's a shame because he is very hansome. We nicknamed him 'Wrongduck' and will try to find him again next time we're in the area.
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                    X