Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagination a type of reality?

Hey guys

For a long time ive been connecting with guides and such (ive said that probally in other posts, lol I sound like a broken record :P) I just started doing it in meditation, about a week ago. I had a thought come in my head. When your younger your told that your imagination is only fake, nothing to be taken seriously. That then blocks out your connect to communciate with the divine .(in my opinion) I then thought when you do a meditaion, to meet with the gods, or guides, or to go to the underworld, or upper world, or even the middle world (shamanic journey) your imagining it. However it also feels like something else is behind it. Like it feels like its real, but also alittle bit of your imagination. So I had a thought what is "real" these days. what if the waking world is an illuision? SO I thought if imgination can make reality (when you do magic you visualise the desire, or even something simple as the telephone that existed first in imagination, then came here) couldnt it be a form of reality. So when we are doing mediations or journey, do you think our imgaination and also the divine interact with us, on this type reality? Cause to really see there form is either through a dream, or mediation. So what are your thoughts on imagination being a form of reality?

Re: Imagination a type of reality?

What is reality? reality is everything that exists, has existed or will exist, regardless of whether it is perceived or not. So the very act of you imagining something, makes it reality.
    Circe

Comment

IMO: Imagination *is* a type of reality...without being real. So it virtual reality, dreaming, etc. Not being concrete or objectively verified doesn't make it less real to the person experiencing it, or to the impact that the event(s) have on the person, their personality, etc. Of course...one has to remember that something might be "real" to them without it impacting what is really "real" outside of them (or that their reaction to what is "real" only to them might not be appropriate in the "real" world that the rest of us share).
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Thank you guys
        Ya I am on the same page as you, just wanted to see your opinions

Comment

Working...
        X