Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Animal Spirit Guides/Totems

Hey

Okay so, have you ever had an encounter with an animal that kept coming up in the strangest places, and you think they have a message? For me its happening. Now I know its spring and butterflies are everywhere. However this is different. While im sitting in class, I look on the wall and there are pictures of butterflies and I just noticed this. Then as I walk out to my car, I see a butterfly follow me. I thought okay this is just coincidence because its nice weather out. Then as Im driving home, a butterfly fly past my car. (kind of like to make its self noticable then flys away in the distance still in my view. and everytime im in the car it does this)
    when I go home, I am eating in the kitchen and butterfly is right there in my back yard. Then as I go to the washroom, I see a decoration that I never really payed mind too, and it was right in front me it. It was a butterly. It wasnt in its normal spot. Its usual spot was in a place I never go. But now its right in front of me. This is all happening in the matter of weeks by the way. Then im sitting there in lunch and my friends like "look at my fabric for fashion class." There were a butterflies on it. I went crazy. Then Im sitting in class and butterflies are in the window. Then im walking to my car again, and a butterfly flys right in front of me, goes close to my arm and leaves. Then as I am almost at my house a line of 3 butterflies pass me. Not one but three. Then I mow the lawn, and I say, "butterfly spirit if you are trying to message me can you send a butterfly to me" as soon as I finished that sentance a butterfly comes swooping from the wind right past me in my direction. Then I asked again, nothing happend. I asked a couple of times, and thought "maybe im asking too much. "
    then I asked one more time, and another one comes swooping up past me. When these butterflies are near me, they either go close to me, go in a spot so I notice them, then they fly away, or they show up not in nature.sometimes in artwork, or jewlary, or materials. Thats why I think the butterfly might want to send me a message or might be one of my animal guides. Last year around summer, Ive never seen so many butterflies in my life. Then this year I see so many. And it isnt even that hot outside. Its like warm but also cold and they are out. So I find it weird how I dont see them on the hottest day of the year last year, but now im seeing them out of random, on a mild day. Anywho if this is a guide trying to tell me,something i checked up that the buttefly stands for the soul, and also transformation. However I am getting to the point that this is not a coincdence, because I see butterflies even not outside. Its showing up through artwork etc. anywho, is this butterfly spirit trying to contact me? if so should I meditate, or do a journey to meet up with it? (I just am asking becasuse I dont want to disturb butterfly spirit if he/she isnt trying to commune with me) thanks and blessed be

Ps. I forgot to add, the type of butterfly is always the monarch or something that looks like that. I only saw 2 white butterflies, but the ones that commune and answer my prayers, and go close to me, are the monarchs. Thanks again

Re: Animal Spirit Guides/Totems

While I was waiting to hear from the company that would give me my first overseas job, I kept seeing butterflies everywhere too. They would land on me, or be unusual species. At the same time, I kept hearing the name of the country everywhere I went. I was telling my dad about it while we were watching a live band, and the next song to play was about that country. You should have seen the look on his face! Once I heard I had the job, these signs stopped appearing.

I have an animal I identify with: magpie. It is somewhat of a family thing, although it began with me. These often seem to appear to me and my family members in significant ways and I sometimes get phonecalls from friends, especially ex covenmates, that begin 'I just saw a magpie and thought I needed to get in touch with you...'

Working with animals symbolism is definitely not to everyone's taste, but I am rather fond of the idea that the animal kingdom can offer us insight into our own place within it.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I agree with you. I just did a meditation to seek out more information, and I saw butterfly. It took me to a beach and showed me sand going from dry to wet. Then out of the blue a tree grew, and it took me up to climb. the phrase "shoot for the stars" came into my mind. So I pieced everything together. Butterfly told me she/he wants to help me grow and transform, and one way to do this, is setting goals. Once I have a goal in place reach for the stars. And once I reach for the stars I will be in a state of mind with no more worries or doubts, and then I will "transform" into a whole new person, and maybe from there I may learn some more things. However I made this post to see what you guys would think, but I think butterfly has certainly made its pressence. Lol I was sitting in my room as I was typing this post and a butterfly came right up to my window once I looked it darted off.

Comment

Ooh, yay. Spirit Guides are one of the founding principles of my beliefs. Nice thread.

This is my take from my experience:

Butterfly, like all members of lepidoptera, are focused with metamorphosis. Their lives are short so they must make the most of them and have done this through the incredible transformation that overtakes them. In the beginning stages of life, butterflies start as eggs. One of many. Then they hatch and they're caterpillars (some people call them grubs. They can be serious pests to farmers, QUITE serious pests, moth and butterfly grubs alike), and then they enter the chrysalis stage where they form a cocoon about themselves, after which they emerge as butterflies (or moths. Moth is my totem so I can't leave her out )

Your plan could be in many stages, and the stars your butterfly was talking about sound a lot like the butterfly stage. Just don't forget that butterfly went through a long, hard process to become the final incarnation of itself, and that ALL OF THOSE STAGES ARE IMPORTANT. You can't skip, cheat, or otherwise make time move faster. You've just got to stick it out with an egg, then a caterpillar, then a waiting period (chrysalis).

Again, these are just MY interpretations. Butterfly will probably not lead you astray. She just might stop at lots of flowers along the way
        No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Thanks for replying and thanks for the advice That makes sense as well

Its all starting to slowly come together now thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X