New Moon Cleansing Ritual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Moon Cleansing Ritual

My mind has accumulated quite the amount of negative clutter as of late, so I decided to try a cleansing ritual. I'm thinking of having this be a ritual in the bathtub, so that by actually cleaning myself I can better be in the mindset of cleaning out my mind.

The thing is, I don't know wht to do after that.

I had an idea of this ritual being in two stages: first cleansing, and then a preparation of sorts. In relation to the ancient Greek view of the moon cycle, the New Moon symbolizes an empty container that will be filled up again. So I would be cleaning out my mind of negative thoughts and preparing to fill it with things that can better myself. That said, I chose to use rosemary, cedar, and poppy for the cleansing, and allspice, apple, cherry, basil, and holly for the preparation. I just don't know what to do with the herbs.

If you guys have any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

(I'm considering incorporating some of my stones with this, like agate, goldstone, hematite, jasper, and bloodstone. I'd love to burn some candles or insence, but my parents haven't exactly said I can use the matches.)

Re: New Moon Cleansing Ritual

Bathe in the cleansing herbs, and put the preparation herbs in a sachet to be worn?

Mostly art.

Comment

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

Comment

Working...
      X