My Gnostic exploration is complete.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Gnostic exploration is complete.

I think I'm pretty much done exploring Gnosticism (for now). I've got a pretty good working-knowledge of the concept, the classical sects, and a great deal of the Neo-Gnostic movement. I find that the world-view of the Gnostics are a bit too outdated (and even contradictory) for me, even through the contemporary Jungian lens. I also don't agree with the complete aloofness of the Pleroma and the fallen female aspect of it.

I DO agree with the concept of gnosis, so that's probably going to be a permanent part of my spiritual make-up. I also agree with the Alexandrine spirit. Alexandria was once a mutlicultural and multi-faith city that housed one of the greatest libraries ever assembled.

So, as always, I must keep plugging along until I find a road to walk down. A wonderful Greek word, aporia... It literally translates to 'roadlessness'.

So yeah. There's some useless information for you.
    There once was a man who said though,
    It seems that I know that I know,
    What I'd like to see,
    Is the I that knows me,
    When I know that I know that I know.

Re: My Gnostic exploration is complete.

Honestly, that was some of my problem with Gnosticism as well...the cosmology/mythology aspect. My biggest issue was the demiurge.......but I like the idea of gnosis as well.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X