This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tarot Q&A and Discussion

What's your favorite tarot card. My favorite tarot card is the 9 of Cups meaning that I get my wish.

Comment

Thought this was an interesting article.

Small Spells: Why Tarot Readings Are More Effective than Therapy

http://www.bkmag.com/2016/08/02/smal...-than-therapy/
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Just Jembru sharing stories again...

I've started making the first steps towards getting back into the tarot. I quit when the cards stopped working for me (my own stupid fault too), and I seemed to develop a fear of the cards, as though scared they'll show me something I don't want to know.

Well, it's a new moon and my focus for this lunar cycle is facing my fears. In November I plan to focus on uncovering hidden fears that are driving my decisions and behaviour, and tarot would be a fine tool to aid in that process if I can get over my issues with the cards this month.

For the next 22 days I'll take the major arcana cards one at a time and explore what the card means to me. In particular this time around I want to add a new layer to my understanding of the cards by associating them with concepts that are important to my spirituality. For example, I worked with the fool for the past 24 hours and found he connects to my concept of the 'god energy' that forms the basis of my beliefs and practices. I've also linked the card to one of the characters from my inner world.

In addition, I'm going to do simple 4 card spreads every day to get my confidence back. I did the first one last night and I recorded myself reading the cards out loud with my phone. The recording has a lot of sobbing on it. Happy tears though. Needless to say it was a good reading. It seems that the cards are finally working for me again!
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Maybe use a rune deck to get yourself used to cards again before going back to tarot?

Comment

Originally posted by Chessa View Post
            Maybe use a rune deck to get yourself used to cards again before going back to tarot?
            Hi Chessa, I'm actually not very attracted to anything Norse or Saxon for some reason, possibly just because I've been unfortunate in the practitioners I've come across irl, or it's just not my thing on a spiritual level. Even so the advise is still good, I've been doing something similar in the years that I haven't been able to read tarot. I have Jessa Macbeth's 'Faeries Oracle' that uses Brian Fraud's artwork and seems to work very well for me. I also have my own rune set that I created from symbols I came across in my inner world back when I was at university. I use that when I want a bit more depth than the Faeries oracle can give.

It's now the 3rd so I'm up to the Empress already! So far it's going pretty well.

That reminds me actually. In the next 4 card spread that I did after posting here the other day, I drew the Devil. It was the cards saying, 'right, lets get this over and done with before we go any further'. I was okay about it. A bit unnerved at first, but when I realised he was literally and figuratively referring to my fear of certain cards, and the rest of the spread was talking about how to deal with that fear, I was totally fine!
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

OK here's my reason why I read reverse cards. I reason for it is that I want an honest reading. If it's positive, it's positive. If it's negative, it's negative. I don't believe in sugarcoating the truth no matter how negative the reading is. I just go with the cold hard truth.

Comment

Actually, that's how I picked my first deck. A friend loaned me some of hers, and told me to choose one. Some of them were so sweet I could feel my teeth rotting, and when I looked through my current deck, it had the most balanced mix of "good" cards, and "bad" cards. But I don't do reversed readings because the readings seem to be just fine without them.

Comment

If you expect reversed cards then reversed cards will be significant. If you dont, they won't. The cards know.
                  ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                  Seen the desert and the birds
                  You cut your hair short
                  Like a shush to an insult
                  The world had been yelling
                  Since the day you were born
                  Revolting with anger
                  While it smiled like it was cute
                  That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

If it were the case that all upright cards were positive and all reversed negative, then maybe I'd agree that you have to reverse them them to get an honest reading but this is just not the case. I prefer to reverse too, or at least I did -I'm still working through the cards one at a time and want to explore the reversals separately (although I reversed when I read for JP recently), but I think claiming that there is a 'right way' to read, could come off as a bit arrogant. The way I see it, if someone is getting good readings without reversed cards (and let's not forget that reversing improves the meaning of some cards), then I see no reason why they should change their method.

The thing is, when I read at least, the meanings change depending on the position in the spread. If it's indicating an obstacle, chances are I'll read that card negatively regardless of its orientation. Likewise if the position is offering advice on how to improve their outcome, I'm probably not going to read the cards negatively other than to tell them to avoid certain behaviours. I rarely read the cards exactly as their traditional meanings anyway. I use that as a starting point, but in actual use I'll get very different meanings depending on a whole manner of factors. In this regard, I actually think I'd give an identical reading with or without reversals. Finally, I would take the feelings of my sitter into consideration. If reversed cards scared my sitter, I wouldn't insist on reversing them.

Comment

Some upright and reverse cards go the other way around. For example Some upright cards can be negative and some reverse cards can be positive. But either way it can be a good or bad thing depending on the cards position and meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                        Some upright and reverse cards go the other way around. For example Some upright cards can be negative and some reverse cards can be positive. But either way it can be a good or bad thing depending on the cards position and meaning.
                        I agree! Although only because it's pretty much what I said but more concise! ^^

Comment

I look at reversed cards as working against the person. So if the card represents say hard work then you are being lazy.

Comment

Also I asked any question to Tarot as long if it's appropriate and legal. I even asked long shot question such as: What's going to happen when I meet space aliens visiting my planet. And even impossible questions such as: What's going to happen when I build a time machine? These questions are really fun to ask the tarot.

Comment

Here a very interesting question to ask the tarot, I don't know if anybody ask this but every time there a sports game of any type I ask which team will win. For example I pull a 9 of Wands for the New York Giants meaning that they'll win the game. And I also pull the 4 of Cups for the Seattle Seahawks meaning that they'll lose the game. It very good to earn some cash if you're a gambler. So what does anybody else think about this type of question?

Comment

Which tarot card give good ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X