Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Tarot Q&A and Discussion

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Re: Tarot Q&A and Discussion

OK here's my reason why I read reverse cards. I reason for it is that I want an honest reading. If it's positive, it's positive. If it's negative, it's negative. I don't believe in sugarcoating the truth no matter how negative the reading is. I just go with the cold hard truth.

Jun 2013
    Phrase
    Roses are red, violets are blue. The next one is false, the last one was true!

Actually, that's how I picked my first deck. A friend loaned me some of hers, and told me to choose one. Some of them were so sweet I could feel my teeth rotting, and when I looked through my current deck, it had the most balanced mix of "good" cards, and "bad" cards. But I don't do reversed readings because the readings seem to be just fine without them.

Jun 2013
    Religion
    Pagan - and heading North for a while...
    Phrase
    I am grounded, I am humble, I am one with everything.
    If you expect reversed cards then reversed cards will be significant. If you dont, they won't. The cards know.
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Shamanist Witch with heady Celtic notes and a faint wiccan bouquet

If it were the case that all upright cards were positive and all reversed negative, then maybe I'd agree that you have to reverse them them to get an honest reading but this is just not the case. I prefer to reverse too, or at least I did -I'm still working through the cards one at a time and want to explore the reversals separately (although I reversed when I read for JP recently), but I think claiming that there is a 'right way' to read, could come off as a bit arrogant. The way I see it, if someone is getting good readings without reversed cards (and let's not forget that reversing improves the meaning of some cards), then I see no reason why they should change their method.

The thing is, when I read at least, the meanings change depending on the position in the spread. If it's indicating an obstacle, chances are I'll read that card negatively regardless of its orientation. Likewise if the position is offering advice on how to improve their outcome, I'm probably not going to read the cards negatively other than to tell them to avoid certain behaviours. I rarely read the cards exactly as their traditional meanings anyway. I use that as a starting point, but in actual use I'll get very different meanings depending on a whole manner of factors. In this regard, I actually think I'd give an identical reading with or without reversals. Finally, I would take the feelings of my sitter into consideration. If reversed cards scared my sitter, I wouldn't insist on reversing them.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Some upright and reverse cards go the other way around. For example Some upright cards can be negative and some reverse cards can be positive. But either way it can be a good or bad thing depending on the cards position and meaning.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Shamanist Witch with heady Celtic notes and a faint wiccan bouquet

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Some upright and reverse cards go the other way around. For example Some upright cards can be negative and some reverse cards can be positive. But either way it can be a good or bad thing depending on the cards position and meaning.
    I agree! Although only because it's pretty much what I said but more concise! ^^
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

May 2012
    Religion
    Heathen

I look at reversed cards as working against the person. So if the card represents say hard work then you are being lazy.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Also I asked any question to Tarot as long if it's appropriate and legal. I even asked long shot question such as: What's going to happen when I meet space aliens visiting my planet. And even impossible questions such as: What's going to happen when I build a time machine? These questions are really fun to ask the tarot.

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Here a very interesting question to ask the tarot, I don't know if anybody ask this but every time there a sports game of any type I ask which team will win. For example I pull a 9 of Wands for the New York Giants meaning that they'll win the game. And I also pull the 4 of Cups for the Seattle Seahawks meaning that they'll lose the game. It very good to earn some cash if you're a gambler. So what does anybody else think about this type of question?

Sep 2015
    Religion
    Christian

Which tarot card give good ideas?