Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tarot Q&A and Discussion

Oct 2010

Re: Tarot Card Question

well if theres nothing wrong with it but you outgrew eachother then give it to someone that would appreciate it. it was good to you. dont just trash it or burn it, give it to someone maybe thats new to learn with.
    "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Cannibal Rights Activist Ophidia's Avatar
    Aug 2008
    Religion
    Ophidism
    Phrase
    I like Nature, just not on me.

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=886.msg15343#msg15343 date=1290285266]
    Do you ever feel like you've "used up" your tarot cards? I've had the same deck since I was a teen, and it's always been good to me - but for the last few months, I've wanted nothing to do with it. It feels...dirty. Not like "Oh, I can do a cleansing and all will be well", but more like I don't ever want to touch it again.

Does this mean it's time for a new deck? Or is it totally psychosomatic and I'm just being crazy?
    [/quote]

Eh, put it away for awhile. I've thrown or given away perfectly decent decks only to regret it a year later.
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Oct 2010

I vote put it away....and buy a new deck! Who cares if it's psychosomatic, it's a good excuse to ogle all the cool artwork on a new set of cards.
    The Pagan Porch - a Pagan Homesteading forum

Sand Holler Farm Blog - aren't you just dying to know what I do all day?

Oct 2009
    Religion
    ~Eclectic Pagan~
    Phrase
    "Whether you think you can or think you can't, either way you are right." -Henry Ford

[quote author=Madness link=topic=886.msg15526#msg15526 date=1290315097]
    I vote put it away....and buy a new deck! Who cares if it's psychosomatic, it's a good excuse to ogle all the cool artwork on a new set of cards.
    [/quote]

agreed. maybe these cards just aren't right for you right now. you may regret losing them.
    http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=87&dateline=133754480  9

Nov 2010
    Religion
    Nature/Norse?

About Tarot...?

For those of you who use tarot or have in the past. I have a few questions.
    Before you used them, did you feel a strange calling TO use them? I don't know if that make sense or now.
    What are your opinions of them? Do you feel they are trustworthy? safe?
    These questions might seem strange to those who have log been associated with them, but as person searching for her soul, I would really like to know your feelings.

Oct 2010

Re: About Tarot...?

you may or may not feel drawn to reading tarot at all, it can be a conscious decision, but you should be drawn to a certain deck if you choose it yourself. otherwise its best to be gifted one, where the person keeps you in mind when selecting it if they bought it, or if its handed down thats even better.... I had a deck that was handed down in my family (even though they claim no history, i think they're hiding things to "escape" it) that I handed off to a friend of mine, cant remember who though lol.
    "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Nov 2010
    Religion
    Nature/Norse?

Well, I know there was a pair of oracle cards I was driven to, that I ended up actually getting after a few days of obsessively thinking about them after seeing them in the store.
    I haven't yet found a tarot deck that does that to me. But I know the curiosity of it has me reading about them and browsing decks online.

Oct 2010

obsessing definately counts toward being drawn to it. it seems it was calling to you, screaming your name.

Nov 2010
    Religion
    Nature/Norse?

Yeah. It was unsettling to me. I could not stop thinking about it until I had it in my hands and was able to hold it as my own. I say outside and 'played" with the cards at a cafe table in town and then brought them to the park with me to be with nature.
    The cards were "healing fairy" cards.
    I didn't stop obsessing over them until after this.
    It was...weird and like I said a tad unsettling. I wasn't sure if this was a "normal" kind of thing to feel in this area, as my entire life I have fought these kinds of feelings toward things.

Jun 2007
    Religion
    Norse Something-or-Other
    Phrase
    Nice is not the same as good.

I'd agree...it sounds like the imagery of those particular cards really speaks to you.

I'm just learning Tarot, myself, and felt very drawn to the regular Wait Rider deck. No interest or pull to things like runes, though.

As for whether I feel they are trustworthy or safe--I don't believe there is any sort of intelligence or spirit within the cards. They're just a deck of cards with very rich symbolism on them. Your brain, your personal intuition/subconscious, though, can use those symbols to try to tell you something that you're having trouble hearing. That's why each card can have so many meanings. When I first started looking into them a few months ago, I got some really wise advice from someone on here who said, " figure out what they mean for YOU".

I carry mine around in my purse, like a good luck charm, btw