This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tarot Q&A

Sorry I did infact leave out the point. Which is does it matter that I bought the only pack they sold and not one I was drawn too. It is very hard to get different kinds of Tarot card where I live. Buying the on line means I can not hold/feel them. Also I am wondering about the '6 month' rule does that apply to your own readings?

Comment

I have a question and it is a rather personal matter.

I was trying to use my tarot cards (goddess cards) to figure out what to do about a friend I have feelings for. I didn't get to the point of actually drawing the cards because while shuffling I accidentally dropped 4 cards onto my desk. They landed face up and they were:

Butterfly Maden- Transformation
      Guinevere- True Love
      Freyja- Bold
      Yemanya- Golden Oppertunity.

Now I was taken aback by these cards but decided to draw anyway and I drew:
      Mother Mary- Expect a Miracle
      Damara- Guiding Children
      Bridget- Don't Back Down.

I'm thinking I know what it is telling me to do, but I am not sure and would like a second opinion. Chances are I won't act on them anyway but I would like to hear what others think of these cards.

Thanks. X
      "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I dont use goddess cards, but from what you wrote it sounds very positive. Decide if you are willing to loose him as a friend if it does not work out. I am in a similar situation in that the Emperor seems to be in a happy relationship, the card say it is over and things will happen btw us by the summer

Comment

I'm not going for it, but I am glad you came to the same conclusion. Generally the cards tell me the opposite of what I want to know. This is no exception. Thanks anyway. X
          "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Would love some feed back on this. A 9 card spread
            789 9 Cups, 1 Wand, King Cups
            654 king Sword, 3 disc, 2 sword
            123 7 disc, 8 disc 9 disc

Comment

Was it any particular 9-card spread? I only ask because sometimes that gives more context for more people.
              my etsy store
              My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
              surrounded by plush, downy things,
              ill prepared, but willing,
              to descend."

Comment

A Gestalt spread

Comment

I have met someone very special. We have already been intimate after a date where he treated me like a queen.

My question is what kind of spread to do in order to ask more questions about this man? I want to know where we stand with each other, but picking out spreads is something I am weak in. I use the Russian Tarot of St. Petersburg in case that makes any difference.
                  No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I would possibly use the heart spread (I found it on the internet years ago). It goes like this:

--2 --- 5
                    1---7---4
                    --3---- 6
                    ----8-----

1-3 Things that are favorable
                    4-6 Things that are unfavorable
                    7 Likely outcome
                    8 Factors that can change the outcome
                    Last edited by Caelia; 15 Nov 2011, 23:48. Reason: tried to make spread look like a heart
                    my etsy store
                    My blog

to descend."

Comment

My first thought would be to ask the man where he stands...

If you feel you aren't able to ask the questions you need to, why don't you just draw three cards. One for you, one for him, and one for your relationship.
                      1 3 2

Comment

Last edited by Marek; 07 Dec 2011, 15:59.
                        ADF Dedicant of .

"Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. It attracts and keep friends. It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment." -Greenville Kleiser

Comment

Sounds like you may want to try the RWS or the Universal Waite deck (which is pretty much the RWS in water color).

As a note, though: originally the court cards were called King, Queen, Prince, and Princess in Tarot. What we're used to now was introduced by Waite.
                          my etsy store
                          My blog

to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
                            Sounds like you may want to try the RWS or the Universal Waite deck (which is pretty much the RWS in water color).

As a note, though: originally the court cards were called King, Queen, Prince, and Princess in Tarot. What we're used to now was introduced by Waite.
                            So the page was a princess? That actually explains a few things...

I second getting a Waite-Rider deck. It's very helpful.
                            Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

If anyone is thinking about getting into tarot but can't afford a deck, or if you still need to replace yours, Dez, I have a Rider-Waite deck that I'd be happy to give away. I bought it during my fluffy Wiccan phase and it never really spoke to me. I'm looking to see if there is a deck that does, but in the meantime, I'm sure the Rider-Waite one would be happier with someone that could use it.
                              Last edited by habbalah; 26 Dec 2011, 01:24.
                              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

That's a very sweet offer, habbalah!

I have two other decks, a Golden tarot, and the housewife tarot. I'd love to have another Rider-Waite again, but I'd much rather see it go to someone who's interested and can't afford a deck!

Let me talk to the other mods and admins...we've been talking about starting up a swap section like we used to have.
                                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Working...
                                X