third eye(gift of sight)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

third eye(gift of sight)

I do not have the gift of sight. for the past thirteen years or so I have tried many methods of opening it. I have tried meditation, friends have tried opening it for me, tried the chakras. nothing seems to work

Open to any suggestions

Re: third eye(gift of sight)

I know we discussed this a bit in pm's, but I'm also wondering if you've tried stonework at all?
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

Nope don't even know what that is

Comment

Just work with stones. Some stones are associated with chakras. I could have sworn we had a thread devoted to it here, but I may just wait for the resident expert(s) in that area to chime in...
        my etsy store
        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
        surrounded by plush, downy things,
        ill prepared, but willing,
        to descend."

Comment

O then yes I have tried stoneworking I don't know all the technical terms for most things

Comment

Sometimes it is not that an individual doesn't have any ability, but rather their expectations are too unrealistic. So what is it EXACTLY, you expect to achieve by gaining the 'sight'? Do you definitely and honestly never have flashes of inspiration, gut feelings and suchlike that could indicate intuition?

I personally don't dabble in this anymore, but I once trained in a development class in a spiritualist church and went on to spend a short while as a medium (I'm not sure I agree with mediumship these days, but that's another matter). This was quite an interesting experience and I learnt a few things that might help you.

-Controlled tests of psychic abilities, most often than not, provide results no better than expected by chance alone.
            -MANY 'psychics' exaggerate their abilities. They usually believe their stories, but honestly, you need to take much of what you read with a pinch of salt. Most genuine psychics will tell you the reality is that abilities are subtle, not Earth shaking.
            -Clairaudience is often very vivid but rarely more than a few disjointed words are heard. If you are expecting to have a conversation with a voice as clear as if there was a person standing in the room with you, you will be disappointed (there are people who can and do hear voices this way, but it's usually something they just have, rather than a 'skill' that can be developed).
            -When we speak of a vision, most of us don't mean we close our eyes and can see a photo-like image. Your mind doesn't function that way when you daydream, so why would it suddenly happen like that when you develop claivoyance?
            -You might imagine your life will be better if you had these 'special powers'.. you can impress your friends, be successful, never have any problems. Truthfully, this isn't the case. You have just as many struggles with psychic abilities as without. For some, it even brings different issues, but in my case, life just continued as normal, except I had a few 'fake' friends who were using me for my so-called abilities.

You most likely already have the ability, especially after all the effort you've gone to. The skill you really need to work on, is learning to notice when a thought is just idle brain chatter, and when it is something a little deeper.

I wrote this on my phone so please forgive sloppy typing.
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Psychic-Develo.../dp/1567183603

I post this link because my description's from Hewitt's book. It's such a fantastic book. Psychic powers aren't really all that special. It's just another skill that everyone has access too. Of course that statement includes the sight with any other form of claresentience. Hewitt describes the sight as the mental movie screen. Basically you see the things in your mind, and it's as if you're imagining. At some point, you start having confidence in what you see.

I second Jembru on this. You probably have seen, you're just expecting it to be in front of your physical eyes instead of your mental. Begin to accept all possibilities and any form of the 6th sense will come easily.

Comment

Working...
              X