Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deutsch lernen macht Spaß! (Learning German is fun!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lareth View Post

Jem, "einem" would be correct, if you put a "seit" at the start of the sentence: Seit fast einem Jahr habe ich kein Deutsch mehr gesprochen.
    Aha! Ich hatte gedacht, dass ein Wort fehlt war! Wie auch immer, willkommen auf Pagan Forum!

Erm.. 'wie auch immer' does mean 'anyway' and not 'as usual', right? I rewrote this about 5 times. ^^
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Comment

yeah I just meant the umlauts. I have a mac and I never remember the codes for them, and opening character maps is a pain. Switching keyboards makes my life easier

Soooo wie gehts heute? Ich habe keine Ahnung, was ich schreiben will...

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
        Hooray, you joined!! Of course now I have that familiar 'speaking to a native' anxiety again. Ah, I'll give it my best shot..

Aha! Ich hatte gedacht, dass ein Wort fehlt war! Wie auch immer, willkommen auf Pagan Forum!
        Nicht total sicher, aber ich glaube "willkommen im Pagan Forum" ist korrekt

Comment

Comment

[4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post

Nicht total sicher, aber ich glaube "willkommen im Pagan Forum" ist korrekt
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                Another way to help you learn is to listen to German music. Look up lyrics and translations and then try to sing along. anyone here listen to German bands?

Comment

Comment

Another way to help you learn is to listen to German music. Look up lyrics and translations and then try to sing along. anyone here listen to German bands?
                    I want to say no, but then as Lareth knows better, I guess I had better come clean. German bands: no, but I fell in love with this song when I heard it (and learnt the actions to) at a beer festival in Augsburg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65fx...BEDDC801CABCDF

It gets worse too. I like to listen to Lazy Town songs in German: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvZEb37g1Ds

My closest friend from the German course actually got interested in the German language because of her love of German metal/rock music. She made me a CD of various bands, but I couldn't really get into it. She's pagan actually. I wonder if I could sweet talk her too?

This thread ROCKS now. I'm sorry that I can't give German the effort it deserves, but I really need to focus on Japanese as I have more immediate use for it. So far, it is coming back to me when I read, but I can't remember word order, I'm confusing prepositions (I always did this though), and I am having to look up every past tense of verbs. It's frustrating, but to be expected I guess. 'Use it or lose it' and all that. Reading this will definitely help keep words in my head though, so I'll keep joining in as best I can!

Oh, gonna be away from my laptop for a few days so if I don't post, it's not because I'm curled up in the corner crying. Promise! I'll probably check on my phone now and then though so I don't miss anything exciting.
                    Last edited by Jembru; 05 May 2012, 08:38.

Comment

Comment

Comment

[4:82]

Comment

Comment

Comment

When I lived in Germany, I listened to a lot of Tic Tac Toe, Peter Maffay and stuff like that. Some of it was influenced by my mother, lol.
                                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X