• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Matchbox Shrine - a PF swap

Hmm. I have my tracking paper. I think I'll do some research. >
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Whoever gets mine (should have lit a fire under post office earlier) better be careful when they open the drawers ... Don't want any diamonds to fall out ... 8)
      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Guess what was in my mailbox today!

So cool!! Thank you, Magus, I love it!

I was able to read the teeeeeny tiny print on the little metal bricks, but what was in the middle drawer?

Comment

Raw diamonds ... 8)
          I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Wow! That is REALLY nice!
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Wow, so creative and beautiful! Well done!
              Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

[quote author=B. de Corbin link=topic=496.msg27981#msg27981 date=1294712346]
                Wow! That is REALLY nice!
                [/quote]

Right?! Thank you so much, Magus! I love my shrine!

Comment

Oh my, are you guys going to do another matchbox shrine swap!? This idea is amazing!
                  "I wish I could be more moderate in my desires, but I cannot, and so there is no rest." -John Muir

Comment

That's so awesome! I checked my mail today but nothing I hope it hasn't gotten lost.

Comment

I had the innards just lying around gathering dust ... Nothing much, diamonds, silver, other metals ... Just "things" ...

Comment

[quote author=PharaohKatt link=topic=496.msg28037#msg28037 date=1294737793]
                        That's so awesome! I checked my mail today but nothing I hope it hasn't gotten lost.[/quote]

Haven't got mine yet either, and it seems like the one I sent hasn't been gotten yet. Maybe the mail is just going slow...
                        Hearth and Hedge

Comment

[quote author=xcoriander link=topic=496.msg28035#msg28035 date=1294732434]
                          Oh my, are you guys going to do another matchbox shrine swap!? This idea is amazing!
                          [/quote]
                          I second this! I was MIA for the planning and executing this time. Can we expect another sometime in the future?
                          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." - Khalil Gibran

Comment

[quote author=Simon Slade link=topic=496.msg28199#msg28199 date=1294810352]
                            I second this! I was MIA for the planning and executing this time. Can we expect another sometime in the future?
                            [/quote]

I've become a busy bee, but yes - I'd like to execute another swap sometime in the future. I'm thinking maybe the spring, but we'll see.

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=496.msg28260#msg28260 date=1294840697]
                              I've become a busy bee, but yes - I'd like to execute another swap sometime in the future. I'm thinking maybe the spring, but we'll see.
                              [/quote]I better go out and buy some stuff now so I can have it "lying around" for the next time ...

Comment

I got mine! I got mine! Thanks soooo much, Jodee!!!! Pictures to follow soon....
                                Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X