Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Matchbox Shrine - a PF swap

Jun 2007
    Religion
    Norse Something-or-Other
    Phrase
    Nice is not the same as good.

Re: The Matchbox Shrine - a PF swap

I'd be interested in this, too...but with the holidays coming up, I won't have the energy to do this *and* the card swap, and keep on top of holiday stuff if we have to do more then one.

lady sings the blues DanieMarie's Avatar
    Oct 2009
    Religion
    Solitary Pagan

I love it! I'm in.

Nov 2005
    Religion
    Pagan Polytheist, primarily Dionysian

volcaniclastic
    Gardenia?
    WaldWesen
    cesara
    B. de Corbin
    Raphaeline
    Medusa
    Madness
    DanieMarie

Is that who we have so far?

(It also might be worth mentioning that shipping is going to cost more out of the U.S.)

I am outside the US, but I'd be willing to have it shipped to an in-US friend or family member to save on shipping (also I knew I'd be paying to ship outside my country).

Oct 2005
    Religion
    Panentheist Druid
    Phrase
    Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

I am willing to ship internationally.
    Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

Oct 2010

I'd like to play in this if it's ok being outside the USA, I'm in England. Would it just be the small standard size match boxes?

Apr 2005
    Religion
    Hedgewitch

[quote author=Raphaeline link=topic=496.msg7216#msg7216 date=1288182932]Gardenia?[/quote]

I'm in, depending on how many we're making... I could do a few, but I don't think I could manage eight or however many we have now.

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

I think it would be cool!

somehow I missed this...

but if there are so many...what about doing it like a secret santa?

we can all send addresses to someone (not participating)who can then draw names from a hat and pm them their assigned person and address.
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

lady sings the blues DanieMarie's Avatar
    Oct 2009
    Religion
    Solitary Pagan

[quote author=WaldWesen link=topic=496.msg7246#msg7246 date=1288189937]
    I am outside the US, but I'd be willing to have it shipped to an in-US friend or family member to save on shipping (also I knew I'd be paying to ship outside my country).
    [/quote]

Same, and Deutsche Post isn't very expensive anyway.

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

[quote author=Raphaeline link=topic=496.msg7216#msg7216 date=1288182932]

(It also might be worth mentioning that shipping is going to cost more out of the U.S.)
    [/quote]

they are pretty small though, I would think (having mailed odd things just to see if I could...like a paper towel post card) it wouldn't be that much more than a regular letter (depending on how heavy you made it...
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible