Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Matchbox Shrine - a PF swap

[quote author=Mercian link=topic=496.msg8301#msg8301 date=1288435800]
    Do we decorate our matchboxes to match the person who we are sending to or is it our own ideas of a shrine we do?
    [/quote]

this is a good question...

On one hand...I think it would be random and cool to just make one and THEN get the name to send it to...but on the other hand, I like the idea of making one *for* someone too.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=496.msg8312#msg8312 date=1288441411]
      this is a good question...

On one hand...I think it would be random and cool to just make one and THEN get the name to send it to...but on the other hand, I like the idea of making one *for* someone too.
      [/quote]

It might be best to go random, because not everyone 'knows' everyone else well enough to know what is suitable for them???
      Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

[quote author=magusjinx link=topic=496.msg8281#msg8281 date=1288418996]
        I like rule 2 too ... But I have emeralds, rubies, pearls, etc ... HEH HEH HEH :
        [/quote]

*whispers* Hey, V, give this guy my name for the swap!

Comment

[quote author=Raphaeline link=topic=496.msg8324#msg8324 date=1288445994]

[/quote]

Too late...I already did a 'give him my name' spell on V this morning.

sigpic

Comment

[quote author=cesara link=topic=496.msg8323#msg8323 date=1288445105]

It might be best to go random, because not everyone 'knows' everyone else well enough to know what is suitable for them???
            [/quote]

I've decided to leave it up to the discretion of the maker. I mean, obviously - some of us know each other well enough to make something for *that* person, but some of us don't really, either. I think it just depends on what you feel like doing.

[quote author=cesara link=topic=496.msg8327#msg8327 date=1288447453]

Too late...I already did a 'give him my name' spell on V this morning.

[/quote][quote author=Raphaeline link=topic=496.msg8324#msg8324 date=1288445994]

[/quote]

Too cute.

Mostly art.

Comment

Sent my addy!

By "thing you have in your house" do you mean everyday household stuff, or just stuff we already have? Because I have a TON of craft supplies....

Comment

[quote author=DanieMarie link=topic=496.msg8352#msg8352 date=1288451851]
                Sent my addy!

By "thing you have in your house" do you mean everyday household stuff, or just stuff we already have? Because I have a TON of craft supplies....
                [/quote]

Just stuff you already have.

Mostly art.

Comment

Ooh, this is such a cool idea! I'm totally in

Comment

The 10th is fine by me!

I will HAVE to bend the "household items only" rule, however. I just moved overseas and my craft supplies couldn't make the trip with me. I have to restock very basic things like, say... glue, exacto knife, etc. However, I promise I won't buy anything specifically for the shrines, just generalized crafting supplies.

Comment

[quote author=WaldWesen link=topic=496.msg8493#msg8493 date=1288518078]
                      The 10th is fine by me!

I will HAVE to bend the "household items only" rule, however. I just moved overseas and my craft supplies couldn't make the trip with me. I have to restock very basic things like, say... glue, exacto knife, etc. However, I promise I won't buy anything specifically for the shrines, just generalized crafting supplies.
                      [/quote]

That's okay.

Mostly art.

Comment

Well, I'm excited!

sigpic

Comment

Nice list so far! (these are people who have given me their addresses - I think I've got everyone...)

WaldWesen
                          PharaohKatt
                          DanieMarie
                          Gardenia
                          Mercian
                          magusjinx
                          Deseret
                          cesara
                          Corbin
                          Medusa
                          Rafe

Mostly art.

Comment

With so many on the list I vote for secret santa ...
                            I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

On quick point of clarification- are people using the tiny matchboxes or the larger sort? The link didn't have much to go by for a size comparison (as I'm not sure how big the coin in the Asian one was.) It's the little, wee sort right?

Comment

[quote author=WaldWesen link=topic=496.msg9143#msg9143 date=1288689824]
                                On quick point of clarification- are people using the tiny matchboxes or the larger sort? The link didn't have much to go by for a size comparison (as I'm not sure how big the coin in the Asian one was.) It's the little, wee sort right?
                                [/quote]

I hope so - I'm half done, and that's what I've used...
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X