No announcement yet.

Make-up! and all things beauty!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posted a few pics of me done up, so thought I'd post a pre-make up shot. My eye brows need doing desperately.

ForumRunner_20140626_093150.jpg

I wear quite a lot of make up lol, but I like it, im gettinh better at it everyday, and it doesn't take me long anymore. Which is good, because I don't go out in public without powder and eyeliner on as a minimum. And thats only weekends
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: Make-up! and all things beauty!

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      So I found a very cool subreddit on reddit called http://www.reddit.com/r/skincareaddiction

I did some research into the OCM (oil cleaning method) and how adding a light coat of Vaseline OVER my moisturizer at night will help my super dry skin. So...gonna try!

Oh! The oil cleanse! I was sooo dubious. The last 8 years, I developed a case of chronic red-face. Never knew if it was rosacea or anything, but my face was always red, sometimes puffy, and always flaky and yet oil-slick shiny. And by red, I mean bright ass red. With white raccoon rings under my eyes. No amount of makeup (expensive or cheap) or lotion or products helped. Often, it would just get worse. I could even see red spiderwebbing of capillaries start to form over my cheeks and chin.

Well. I found something. I have used this regimen for the past month and a half, and I have seen dramatic improvement. The spiderwebbing is gone, the violently red shade is gone. My face looks ... normal. Certainly I don't have the beautiful clear skin of my 20's ... but it is so much better now than it has been for the past 7-8 years. And it FEELS oh so very much better. No more tight puffy pain.

Wash face with shea butter soap. Follow up with using a Burts' Bees cucumber and sage or cotton extract towellete. Lotion up with shea butter lotion or jojoba oil. And that is it. Nothing complicated. Who knew that utilizing facial things with natural oils instead of a bunch of chemicals would actually help so much ... Though not technically the "oil cleanse", the logic behind it is similar.

I am pleased.

Comment

Yeah, I'm researching the best kind of oil for me to use. I heard jojoba and coconut are good. But some people break out. Thankfully I've never had pimples or acne or sensitive skin. So I'm gonna see what I can find.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I am new here, and joined in order to solicit help with a paranormal problem, and while familiarizing myself with the discussions here I found this thread.

I hand craft body products and could not resist in making a contribution here.

For the member that mentioned acne problems, there are a couple of things that can be tried. First is bee pollen, internally and externally. I make a face butter with it and have had tremendous results. If you can find the pollen extract it would be easier than grinding as you need a talc like consistency to add to argan, or another lightweight oil. The other product is ormus gold, a collection of single molecule platinum's extracted from sea salt. You would also need to work it into a very fine powder. And if you are really brave, try both mixed with a light weight oil. I like the ormus as it is conductive and rejuvenates the dormant cell clusters and helps slough off the dead cells.

Buriti oil is in my mind the most helpful of all of the oils in not only moisturizing, nourishing, but protecting also. It has the highest content of beta-carotene of all the oils and butters, and leaves a beautiful bronze glow on your skin. I use it in almost all of my products. It is a bit heavy for the face but a few drops with argan would make it light enough for your face.

Teaching myself old world perfuming at the moment. Nature has everything a beautiful face and body could ever need.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I'm researching the best kind of oil for me to use. I heard jojoba and coconut are good. But some people break out. Thankfully I've never had pimples or acne or sensitive skin. So I'm gonna see what I can find.
          Hi there,

Jojoba is not actually an oil, but a wax. It is very good for your body, but I discovered that straight jojoba is a little heavy for the face as is coconut oil. Grape-seed oil is a really good thing to use for just cleaning your face and it won't leave a heavy film.

Comment

Originally posted by Slate View Post

Jojoba is not actually an oil, but a wax. It is very good for your body, but I discovered that straight jojoba is a little heavy for the face as is coconut oil. Grape-seed oil is a really good thing to use for just cleaning your face and it won't leave a heavy film.

Ohhh! Do you mind if I take a moment to get your opinion on the following oils for cleansing purposes for super sensitive/red face skin?

Sweet Almond Oil
            Apricot Kernel Oil
            Shea Butter / Oil

Comment

Apricot Kernel oil is a little heavy in my opinion and probably better spent on the rougher areas of your body. The same with shea butter. Refined shea butter is pointless in my opinion and the unrefined is very heavy and meant to absorb over time. Kind of a waste of both if you are only going to wipe it off. Almond oil however is very good for the face and in my experience it's lightness helps lift off makeup and dead cells nicely. a little goes a long way.

I use argan and black current seed oil for cleansing right before bed. I leave it on my face for about 15 minutes then wipe. All of natures oils and butters are wonderful, and there is a miracle oil for every face.

Comment

So I should wish to use grape seed oil or sweet almond oil for my face, then? (Black current is hard for me to find here).

Thank you so much, this helps greatly!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhaethe View Post
                  So I should wish to use grape seed oil or sweet almond oil for my face, then? (Black current is hard for me to find here).

Thank you so much, this helps greatly!!
                  The grape-seed and almond oils are both good for your face.

Happiness is what makes us look and feel great. The oils, butters, perfumes and make up are just the trimming on the package.

Comment

Hello ladies! And guys if that's your bag. So I've touted the wonders of Vaseline before. But now during winter I've stepped it up a bit. I used to put baby oil on in the shower (after the water was turned off). But found I still didn't like the greasy feel. And plus I can't count how many times I've spilled the damn stuff. So I decided to bring my Vaseline into the shower with me. Like INTO the shower while the water runs. I have baby powder scented Vaseline (I picked up at the 99 cents store for make up remover etc) I figured let's see if this thing works. Right before I shut the water off I grab a bit and smooth it out over my body while the water is on. This helps it spread nicely. Plus being in the shower with the hot water on helps it soften in the container. I found afterwards, my skin is pretty soft! And I'm not all greased up.

Comment

Hello ladies! And guys if that's your bag. So I've touted the wonders of Vaseline before. But now during winter I've stepped it up a bit. I used to put baby oil on in the shower (after the water was turned off). But found I still didn't like the greasy feel. And plus I can't count how many times I've spilled the damn stuff. So I decided to bring my Vaseline into the shower with me. Like INTO the shower while the water runs. I have baby powder scented Vaseline (I picked up at the 99 cents store for make up remover etc) I figured let's see if this thing works. Right before I shut the water off I grab a bit and smooth it out over my body while the water is on. This helps it spread nicely. Plus being in the shower with the hot water on helps it soften in the container. I found afterwards, my skin is pretty soft! And I'm not all greased up.
                      I do this with vicks* when the kids are sick, or for sore muscles.

*the DIY, essential oils version
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

I remember my Mom doing a washcloth(actually called a washrag)around our necks with vicks on our neck,and also vicks under the nose. Also the vicks atomizer thing,just a heated cup thing with vicks and water heated to steam.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

My mom rubbed me all down with it. When I have a stuffy head, I rub it by my temples and it forces me to close my eyes and go beddy bye. She also put it on my feet and then put my socks on. But mostly because I'm Diabetic and it helps get the warmth in my toes.

And. Um. I have a small jar of Vick's by my bed. Just to open the lid and smell.
                          I haz a problem.

Comment

What an awesome thread!!!
                            Just got through reading it and there's some great advice I can't wait to try!
                            The face massage stuff sounded particularly interesting

I was surprised that no one mentioned witch hazel! I first tried it just 'cause I got a kick out of the name

I love using it as a toner to shrink my pores; since using it, it's helped me a lot in this area. I can buy a bottle of it at Walmart and it last several long months before I have to get a new bottle; I think it cost me like $3 or $4. I just use those little cotton square things to apply and then moisturize.

The only other beauty/makeup thing that comes to mind is that I buy my face wipes from Big Lots for a $1 for a pack of 30. They have citrus, green tea, aloe vera, and I think a couple of other versions as well. They have vitamin e and c, collagen and some other stuff in them depending on which version you get.

I love that stuff!!!

Comment

Ok, so I have had this lipstick in my cabinet forever. I hate not wearing it but then when I do, I HATE IT. But I have big beautiful lips and I want them to look fierce sometimes.

I'm interested in the heart-shaped lip, like this one, 1920's inspired.

Does anyone have any tips for keeping the lipstick from spreading into the corners, any ways of application that make it easier to wear, tips for making it stay, any particular colors you think I should try with my coloring? Red is awesome but I was wondering about pink, coral, etc.

Here's a photo of mah face.
                              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                                Ok, so I have had this lipstick in my cabinet forever. I hate not wearing it but then when I do, I HATE IT. But I have big beautiful lips and I want them to look fierce sometimes.

I'm interested in the heart-shaped lip, like this one, 1920's inspired.

Does anyone have any tips for keeping the lipstick from spreading into the corners, any ways of application that make it easier to wear, tips for making it stay, any particular colors you think I should try with my coloring? Red is awesome but I was wondering about pink, coral, etc.

Here's a photo of mah face.
                                http://postimg.org/image/i9hi0moi5/
                                Believe it or not, but I actually know the trick to this. And it's two-fold. You have to get yourself a lip primer. It's made out of wax and a few moisturizing things (I use the one from Mac and it's pretty good) ...basically it fills in all the little gaps in your lips and stops the lipstick from feathering. Also, get yourself a lip liner in the same shade as your lipstick. It helps define the lips, and it'll make the colour of the lipstick last longer.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X