Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Make-up! and all things beauty!

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
    I have this great shade of RED RED RED lipstick...but I am a makeup retard and while you'd THINK I could manage to put lipstick on, it doesn't quite work. There's always just a little something over one way that I have to wipe off (yeah, good luck wiping fire truck red off of my pale as the moon skin) etc. But I love my lips and would like to, when I feel so inclined, be able to adorn them with fun lipsticks!

Got any tips on the best way to apply lipstick? I love the shape of my lips so I want them to look perfect and attract attention.
    1. Find a lip liner pencil that is close to your own color, but a bit darker and redder.

2. Line your lips. You can get fancy with it as time passes, for example, if you want your lips to look thicker, line them right on the edge, if you want them to look a bit slimmer, just inside the edge. You can also make your lips "pout" more by filling in the edges, and then leaving the middle of your lower lip bare(so it will be brighter once lipstick is applied).

3. Apply lipstick. Use a small brush or a q-tip, rather then putting the stick right to your lips(it gives you more control, and makes the lipstick last longer because you're less likely to contaminate the tube with bacteria from your mouth). Do not do the lip rub thing! Take a tissue and blot, hard, until the tissue starts coming back clean. Repeat application and blotting. That will give you very red matte lips that won't wipe off on things. You will need makeup remover to get it off again.

4. If you want, you can apply clear, red, or very pale pink glittered gloss over the top (the type that has a little brush built in, not stick gloss) for different effects. Just be sure to wipe the brush so you aren't getting red from your lips in the gloss. Simple eye-makeup usually looks best with red lipstick, IMO...nudes, light brown neutrals, or even just mascara.

I don't have time today, but if you want I could post a demo on how to do this.
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I rarely wear red lipstick. It do send Mr Penry scatty. ;-)
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I suck at lipstick too...I always apply it with my fingers to get softer lines, like this:

Kind of works for me I think...I do get compliments on my lipstick a lot!

If I do it cleaner, I have to use a brush and a liner, but I'm way too lazy most of the time, and also the clean lines don't look great on me...

Comment

I'm...a bit stuck on the fact that Megan Fox has lipstick not just on her lips but on her philtrum. That would drive me crazy!

Comment

Also when applying the lipstick in red shades. Find the right red. Either cool or warm. If you need to warm up a cool red (such as a berry red) apply a thin light layer (and blot the wetness off) of a brown color. I do that when I wear red. Also when you are done: Take foundation and with a q-tip line all around your lips then wipe excess. It's sort of a reverse liner technique. Also you should build up the color so it doesn't just slide off your face.

Oh a tip my mother taught me and I'm sure other women know. When you are done applying your lipstick, suck on your ring finger. Slide the finger in and pucker and pull it out. The excess comes off and this will keep lipstick off your teeth!
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
              I'm...a bit stuck on the fact that Megan Fox has lipstick not just on her lips but on her philtrum. That would drive me crazy!

...I think it looks a bit like she let my 5 yo do her make-up, lol
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

I dunno...I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
                  1. Find a lip liner pencil that is close to your own color, but a bit darker and redder.

2. Line your lips. You can get fancy with it as time passes, for example, if you want your lips to look thicker, line them right on the edge, if you want them to look a bit slimmer, just inside the edge. You can also make your lips "pout" more by filling in the edges, and then leaving the middle of your lower lip bare(so it will be brighter once lipstick is applied).

3. Apply lipstick. Use a small brush or a q-tip, rather then putting the stick right to your lips(it gives you more control, and makes the lipstick last longer because you're less likely to contaminate the tube with bacteria from your mouth). Do not do the lip rub thing! Take a tissue and blot, hard, until the tissue starts coming back clean. Repeat application and blotting. That will give you very red matte lips that won't wipe off on things. You will need makeup remover to get it off again.

4. If you want, you can apply clear, red, or very pale pink glittered gloss over the top (the type that has a little brush built in, not stick gloss) for different effects. Just be sure to wipe the brush so you aren't getting red from your lips in the gloss. Simple eye-makeup usually looks best with red lipstick, IMO...nudes, light brown neutrals, or even just mascara.

I don't have time today, but if you want I could post a demo on how to do this.
                  That's really good advice. I never wear makeup, but once in a while, I'd just LOVE to rock some bright red lips, and I think I look ridiculous that way. Maybe all my other features are too dark? I dunno.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                    That's really good advice. I never wear makeup, but once in a while, I'd just LOVE to rock some bright red lips, and I think I look ridiculous that way. Maybe all my other features are too dark? I dunno.
                    I think you'd look great with red lips. Pull your hair back in a sleek pony. Just do red lips and a nice brow. It's all you need.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                      I think you'd look great, too, V! Like Medusa was saying earlier, though, picking the right red is important. I wear a lot of black, red, jewel tones...so berry colors and dark cherry red lipstick look really nice on me. Someone who looks great in khaki, though? A terra-cotta color.

Comment

How to choose red lipstick for fair skin

Comment

this is how I do lipstick:

...just not in that color

I have yet to find a red that works on me.

....we need some vintage and retro hair tutorials...
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Oooo a friend sent me some really good ones on pin curls...hold on...

Here's part 2:
                            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Apparently I can no longer view half the videos because they contain music blocked by GEMA so I can't see them in Germany anymore so you'll have to sift through her vids to find part 1 (not sure exactly which one it is). I remember it being good though.

Next time i'm upstairs and can access my external, I also took a screenshot from Mad Men of Betty Draper with her hair setting in pin curls, and you can clearly see how it's set to get the look she has on the earlier seasons of the show.

Comment

marble nail art super fun!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                                How to choose red lipstick for fair skin
                                I finally watched this...I like her tips, but she's overall wrong. A lot of fair people do NOT have cool tones. Irish redheads, for example, are often warmer in their skin tone, and need to go for more of the 'orange-red' scale. It can be hard to tell when you're super fair. I also think she isn't quite picking the right shades for her own skin tone. I'd like to see her in more of a maroon than that red blouse she held up to her skin. I do like the lip colour she picked out though.

I might not be a makeup expert but fashion and fashion colouring, I know!

Comment

Working...
                                X