need to do a spell, but its the wrong moon phase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need to do a spell, but its the wrong moon phase

I dont know many of you base your magical working around the moon. Some say, do banishing and anything to do with getting rid of things, on the waning moon. Waxing is to bring things to you. New moon is for new beginings, and the fullmoon can be for any spell. Lets say for example if you needed to do a money spell, and its the first night the moon moves into its wanning phase. How would you attract money to you if you need to do it since its in the incorrect moon phase. Or how about if you are in the mood, and you have the time, and your motivated to do a love spell (cause you desire love lets say) but you dont want to wait till the waxing moon because your affraid your motivation will decrease. Basically how do you do spell craft that doesnt corrospond on the right phase of the moon her self. if you need to attract something to you but the moons in waning vice versa. Some people say tailor the spell so it fits with the right moon phase. With money thats easy, to banish debt etc. With a love spell however its hard to do. I have also heard others say the moon can play effect on your spells (keep in mind the moonvoid of course) but sometimes if you urgently need it, or your in the mood, then its the intention that will matter not the moon. I dont know where I stand. Basically if you need to bring something to you such as love etc, but its waning how would you go abouts. (if you wait too long you might not be motivated anymore and just race through it) or if you need to banish something but its waxing how would you do that too. Do you think the moon doesnt matter? or its all about intention, or that moon does have a huge effect (its been proven that the moon has alot of impact on earth, the tides, people, animals, our energy since we are made up of alot of water etc) or maybe im over thinking this and probally could just tailor the spell. (tailoring a love spell would be hard though lmao)

anywho thanks and blessed be

Re: need to do a spell, but its the wrong moon phase

There's also planetary hours you can go by. I usually use that for my spellwork.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

I've never had any problem with tailoring my spells. Even your example of a love spell can be tailored. If the moon is waning, I would cast to remove blocks to love so that I'm ready to receive new love when the moon begins to wax again! As you said, money is easy as you can draw it to you, or banish poverty.

I'm like you when it comes to WHY the moon can affect our workings. I do accept that the moon has a measurable influence on such things as tides and even the water table, but these affects aren't any different at full or dark moon, or first and last quarter, so it's not a strong argument.

The most logical and for me, still powerful, reason, is simply that we expect it. We lady magic workers, do share a 28 day cycle with the moon, but it is rarely perfectly aligned with moon phases, so also doesn't explain the patterns. However, the longer one works with the moon, being consciously aware of her phases and the apparent qualities of each phase, the more our own magical nature will align with these phases: that in itself would add a punch to workings.

That said, I'm not closed to the idea that the moon does have a genuine influence over spells depending on the timing. It's a chicken and egg situation though, so I simply go for what, to me, seems most likely. It doesn't really matter though. I don't know how the phone I am typing on works. If I took it apart, I wouldn't know what the pieces do. The point is that it does it's job whether I understand why or not. I feel the same about most aspects of spell work. I do what I believe works and try not to sweat the details!
      Last edited by Jembru; 13 May 2012, 18:14.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I don't generally account for the moon unless I'm specifically calling on a lunar power. Otherwise, shrug, the sun doesn't wax and wane, oceans may be affected by the moon but water doesn't inherently shift, etc. The tools of my craft are present regardless. On the other hand, I don't think most people will accuse me of following a particularly lunar path. If tue moon holds greater significance to you then tailoring the method of casting to the phase is ever an option.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

If you need something, why wait?

Yes, many ascribe to the idea that the Moon and planetary phases have influence on magical workings, and for some of us they do... but there are plenty of successful magic users out there who don't pay any attention to the planets at all.
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Thanks everyone Ya I think if we think the moon has an effect on our spells, then it sure will. If we dont think it will, it wont. Thank you again and blessed be

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
              I'm like you when it comes to WHY the moon can affect our workings. I do accept that the moon has a measurable influence on such things as tides and even the water table, but these affects aren't any different at full or dark moon, or first and last quarter, so it's not a strong argument.
              If I remember correctly, the highest and lowest tides are actually highest and lowest at the first and last quarter...

...which isn't relevant to this discussion, really...but interesting, considering their association...
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                If I remember correctly, the highest and lowest tides are actually highest and lowest at the first and last quarter...

...which isn't relevant to this discussion, really...but interesting, considering their association...
                It's not THAT irrelevant as it certainly is about the moon's influence. You're right, the high tides are at their lowest during the moon's last quarter, but unfortunately also at the first quarter and after the last, it doesn't continue to wane, it begins to swell. If I wasn't on my phone, I could try to find a cool animation I saw on a documentory recently, that shows why the new moon, as well as the full moon, create our highest high tides. It's a fascinating subject and although it doesn't follow the pattern some of us witches ascribe to, it is still cool to see how much influence the moon (and sun during spring and neap tides), has.
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                X