Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am pagan, I worship Gods, but also.... what about saints?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am pagan, I worship Gods, but also.... what about saints?

Hey guys
    I am still looking into different gods and goddesses (this time takes awile) however it came to mind that what about the saints. I know some saints were actually based off of some of the pagan anicent gods. However I do believe some saints were living people and went to the other side and now are a spirit that helps people in need (on the physical they are related to christian faith, in the spiritual realms they dont see them selves part of that faith like they did on the physical) thats just my view.

Do some of you pray to some saints. Again I was raised roman catholic by my grandmother, and it is kind of hard to compleatly shut that off. I dont consider my self a christian- pagan by any means. I am more eclectic however right now on my path I am learning to look into the divines different forms (the gods) but I also want to keep my roman catholic herttiage. The reason for this is, because I have been fascinated by saints for a long time, and I am fancinated by the gods as well, (I believe the gods put them down on this earth to help others) what are your views. To me I dont see a problem worshiping gods, and saints. (in my beliefs the gods are different faces of one being that many call god or allah)

Saints to me are people who lived here on this earth, did a well duty for there faith, then went to the other side, didnt have to reincarnate because they learned all there lessons in one life (just like the buddha when he found out a way to beat the wheel of samsara) Also what are some good sites that I can go look to look up a saint. I only want like 2 saints I can work with (to keep in touch with my family roots) Thanks and blessed be
    Last edited by Dez; 15 May 2012, 22:07.

Re: I am pagan, I worship Gods, but also.... what about saints?

Hi wind,

Your OP is a bit tricky to read at the moment. Especially for someone with poor vision like myself. I want to see you getting responses...would you be ok with me or another mod going in and breaking up the post into smaller paragraphs?
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

could I try and edit it and break it into smaller paragraphs?///////////////

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

nvm lol yes you can go into it

Comment

You can pray to whoever you want to. You could pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster if you wanted to. Then again, I'm not a believer in gods but I AM a believer in prayer and I've learned that it doesn't matter who you're praying to so long as you WANT to pray to them/it/whatever.

If Catholicism holds roots for you then I don't see why you couldn't pray to the saints.
        No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I've wondered about the saints as well, since I started in Roman Catholicism too. (I do identify on some level as Christo-pagan--more of the spirituality and less of the dogma.) Like the gods/goddesses and angels, saints have their personalities too. If you are wondering what they think, try asking them. Think of saints that seem to come to mind (or check a list). Then start talking with them, asking them if they are willing and able to help you in this life. Much like talking to anyone, cultivate a relationship with them. You'll find out where you'll need to go next. Grace and blessed be.

Comment

Working...
          X