Dark Shadows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Shadows

K'Roe and I went to see Dark Shadows last weekend.

I doubt if this is going to end up being anybody's favorite movie, but for us it was pretty funny, mostly because both of us used to watch the old soap opera series.

The humor was pretty campy and silly - not anything that's going to make you laugh out loud, though. But the sex scene was hillarious...

Anybody else see this?
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Dark Shadows

I want to see it! I was a big fan of the show.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I saw aprox 20 minutes of this movie. I felt sick. Having been a watcher of the tv series after school...this movie was a piece of shite.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I just watched it last week and rather enjoyed it. I didn't think for a second that it would be anything other than a spoof of the original. They would have never gotten away with many of the scenes on the old TV.
        I used to run home from school to watch it!
        Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

I really liked it. Saw it a while back and although it's nothing groundbreakingly spectacular, it was still a funny movie.
          Would definitely watch it again.
          "The fire could not be tamed with the wind,
          nor the wind suppressed by the flames.
          As blending the Light with the Dark
          merely results in Grey." -Ville Friman

Comment

I wasnt blown away, but I dont think it did very well in the UK, mainly because hardly anyone knew it was based on an old TV show, one that obviously never made it across the pond. I only found out, i think it was from watching a making of or some other behind the scenes thing about it.

Comment

I thought it was cute and campy. My husband and I are now interested in seeing the tv show so they must have done something right.

Comment

You know, I totally expected to think it was silly. I saw it anyway because I love the original series and I'm a sucker for vampire movies, but I had low expectations, because Tim Burton hasn't been at his best lately. I thought it was decent though. Helena Bonham-Carter's token role wasn't horribly miscast, it was campy in the right ways, and it was entertaining overall.

Comment

I liked it, but I was expecting more I guess. I think it could've been better.

Comment

Working...
                  X