Bizarre, almost useless facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bizarre, almost useless facts

This link connects to bizarre and almost uselessfacts dealing with crime and punishment, but there are other categories at the top of the page, if crime isn't your thing.

Some of these are pretty funny...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Bizarre, almost useless facts

Wow...some real keepers, there. *snort*
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Can we add more useless facts on the thread? I am the champion of ridiculous facts, mostly animal facts.

Like, did you know that crows have a sophisticated system of language, pass down information through generations, and maintain two distinctive dialects--one common to crows and the other entirely familial? There is evidence that this language is complicated enough to describe a detailed and foreign object and accurately relay that information generationally.

...Yep. There's even a book series to support my addiction--the Imponderables series.

Comment

Originally posted by Siloh View Post
        Can we add more useless facts on the thread? I am the champion of ridiculous facts, mostly animal facts.

Like, did you know that crows have a sophisticated system of language, pass down information through generations, and maintain two distinctive dialects--one common to crows and the other entirely familial? There is evidence that this language is complicated enough to describe a detailed and foreign object and accurately relay that information generationally.
        LOL - weirdly, that is something that I know...
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Siloh View Post

...Yep. There's even a book series to support my addiction--the Imponderables series.
          My husband & I watched a special on ravens where their memory & language was being researched. Someone taught a raven how to bypass security cameras & enter security codes on a number pad, that kind of thing. They named the raven Loki, of all things... and he taught other ravens how to do the things he had learned.

Had me totally flabbergasted - why on earth would anyone teach a raven to be a mastermind thief... and name him Loki on top of it?
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
            My husband & I watched a special on ravens where their memory & language was being researched. Someone taught a raven how to bypass security cameras & enter security codes on a number pad, that kind of thing. They named the raven Loki, of all things... and he taught other ravens how to do the things he had learned.

Had me totally flabbergasted - why on earth would anyone teach a raven to be a mastermind thief... and name him Loki on top of it?
            LMAO - at least they didn't teach them to beat a retina scan by plucking out eyeballs...

(Hmmm... now I have a tentative future project)

Comment

Working...
            X