Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Summoning and Selling of Djinn related spirits

have any of you tried this? or become interested in this subject

middle eastern and other oriental cultures commoners or orthodox religious people tend to believe that certain people who exhibit mental disorders, or signs of mental disturbance are possessed with bad djinn.

This however it's not very sound judgement for the obvious reasons, though it has been passed on for a very long time in these cultures. however i like the mythology around them and i'm always interested when i find people who sell these "djinn spirits" on ebay or cornor shops which interesting, but hard to believe.

Anyone summon them, positive ones of course, or purchase a bottle, ring with djinn in it? Get anything out of it?

Again just interested in this as subject

Re: The Summoning and Selling of Djinn related spirits

No, but I tend to avoid using djinn in ritual. They're not as pleasant as certain individuals *ahem silverravenwolf ahem* make them sound.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

I don't trust djinn, faeries, magic mirrors or their ilk. I don't believe that they are 'evil', necessarily. They're tricksy bastards, though, the lot of 'em.

I remember an episode of the X-Files where Mulder encountered a djinn. He wished for 'peace on earth' & the djinn's solution was to make him the only living human on earth.

Or 'jokes' about genies... like the man who asked a genie to make him irresistible to women. The genie turned him into a tampon and a box of chocolates.

Yeaaaah. Sounds about like what a djinn would do, gleefully and batting their eyelashes innocently the whole time.
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I have a good relationship with the fae, but if I'm not on my feet, I've been known to be played with. On the other hand, if someone summoned you and trapped you in a ring, bottle, or mirror, how would you feel? I'd be pretty angry. I tend to stay away from djinn simply for the fact that I don't know enough to work with them.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
          I don't trust djinn, faeries, magic mirrors or their ilk. I don't believe that they are 'evil', necessarily. They're tricksy bastards, though, the lot of 'em.

I remember an episode of the X-Files where Mulder encountered a djinn. He wished for 'peace on earth' & the djinn's solution was to make him the only living human on earth.

Or 'jokes' about genies... like the man who asked a genie to make him irresistible to women. The genie turned him into a tampon and a box of chocolates.

Yeaaaah. Sounds about like what a djinn would do, gleefully and batting their eyelashes innocently the whole time.
          ^ this.

Djinn are on my list of creatures to leave alone whenever possible.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I attempt to stay away from things that are said to be able to literally alter reality. Along with what everyone else is saying about them being tricky. I'm sure there are some that wont play tricks on you but thats a risk I'd rather not take with such a creature.
            Circe

Comment

How do you put a Djinn in a bottle?

I'd be willing to do it if I could find anybody goofy enough to actually pay for one...
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I always used to hope that there was a guardian angel/spirit/higher power who looked after the foolhardy in matters pertaining to the occult. But as I've grown older I've come to believe that a magic smack in the face is really necessary to bring them to their senses....

Never dabble - whether it be with electricity, the taxman or things you do not understand.
                Try - at the very least - to know what you are about.
                www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                  I always used to hope that there was a guardian angel/spirit/higher power who looked after the foolhardy in matters pertaining to the occult. But as I've grown older I've come to believe that a magic smack in the face is really necessary to bring them to their senses....

Never dabble - whether it be with electricity, the taxman or things you do not understand.
                  Try - at the very least - to know what you are about.
                  LOL - that explains it. I've never been able to really understand anything until after I've dabbled with it...
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Nvm. Read a post wrong.

Comment

how can you be sure they are real? Are there energy vibes you can sense?

Comment

Originally posted by greenhead View Post
                        how can you be sure they are real? Are there energy vibes you can sense?
                        Chances are, most people who are responding to this thread are doing so with a touch of skepticism.

Not everyone believes in things like djinn or fey, and quite a few who do feel that they're something better left alone.
                        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I think djinn, fae & devas are 'spirits of place'. They inhabit wells, oases, caves, grottoes, the in-between times of dawn and dusk... I don't feel they can alter reality, but I do feel they can pull a person into the Realm of Faery. Time moves differently there - a person may pass a year or two in an enchanted land and return to find they've only been missing for a minute. Or a person may be swept away for a minute or two, only to find they've been gone a hundred years. They can also cast glamors, making the familiar unfamiliar.

I think djinn bottles and magic mirrors are kind of like the TARDIS - bigger on the inside.

Comment

I did happen to look at the eBay auctions selling "djinn haunted" jewelry. It looks to me like $30-40 jewelry being sold for $600, because of the juju.

Ask this question:

Assuming that djinn exist, and assuming that they can be compelled to grant wishes, and assuming that an individual has to power to compell a djinn to enter a ring, why would such a person be selling such a thing on eBay? For ANY price?

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                              Assuming that djinn exist, and assuming that they can be compelled to grant wishes, and assuming that an individual has to power to compell a djinn to enter a ring, why would such a person be selling such a thing on eBay? For ANY price?
                              Misery loves company. Especially when company is paying for the misery.

Comment

Working...
                              X