Bad year for bees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad year for bees

Well, the bear has completely destroyed my hives, and all my equipment.

No more bees - I'll have to start over again, completely from scratch.

Crap. If bad shit doesn't stop happening to me soon, I'm just going to hang it all up...
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Bad year for bees

I'm sorry Corbin. That really blows. *many hugs*
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

That's awful Corbin, I am sure this is not a cheap hobby. yikes!
      sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear that.....
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Devastating! Really horrible. I have such a soft spot for bees. I'm not even sure what one could do against a bear. Our most troublesome preditor is the red fox, and we have a never ending acme battle just with those.

May the next batch be blessed with spirit protection!
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Ack, Corbin, that's awful
            Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Corbin that really sucks! I'm so sorry X
              "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Ouch, that sucks. My hives are woefully neglected, me being pregnant (and overly sting sensitive) this spring. I'm hoping to get them moved from my city property to the farm where more people can be responsible for them!

You should weld a bear proof cage around the whole thing. I know you had a fence up, but I'm talking BEAR PROOF man! It would look awesome too.
                The Pagan Porch - a Pagan Homesteading forum

Sand Holler Farm Blog - aren't you just dying to know what I do all day?

Comment

LOL - the fence is bear proof...

The bear dug a giant hole and went under the fence. I'll need to pour a concrete slab before I try again.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Bjorn is terribly sorry that she ate all your brood and ruined all your hard work. You were just doing such a good job with your bees that she couldn't help herself! Now her tummy is stuffed with brood and honey and wax and she can't stop licking her paws and claws.

(I'm sorry. I was trying to lighten the mood.)
                    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

LOL - no hard feelings, Bjorn.

Next time, I'll aim about three inches lower, and it'll be my turn it win.

Sometimes nature wins, some times it doesn't

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                        LOL - the fence is bear proof...

The bear dug a giant hole and went under the fence. I'll need to pour a concrete slab before I try again.
                        BUMMER! I used to wish I lived where there were bears...maybe not so much now...
                        The Pagan Porch - a Pagan Homesteading forum

Sand Holler Farm Blog - aren't you just dying to know what I do all day?

Comment

Actually, I like having a bear back there, and I'd never hurt her. The one time I took a shot at her, I shot over her head just to scare her away.

And walks in the woods at night have a bit of added charm, what with every little noise sounding alarmingly like a bear.

Comment

Yikes! I would not be walking around at night with a bear lurking. Nope I would be locked up in my house afraid to leave. I've only seen a bear once, and that was at the zoo, and he was cute and he smiled at me!
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X