CHAT TOPIC: Free Will and Kemetic Beliefs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHAT TOPIC: Free Will and Kemetic Beliefs

I hope the mods don't mind if I just create a thread for each of the chat topics I mentioned in another thread. I figured it would be easier to keep transcriptions this way as well as link to the literature for the topic.

The first topic I want to cover is the concept of free will in Ancient Egypt. Here is the link. I figured we could start with pages 12-26 just to see how far we with the chat. Feel free to bring your own questions, even though I'm going to provide some topic questions.

If I recall the Kemetic chat is on every second Tuesday. I'll look up the exact time and dates to make sure.

UPDATE: It seems the chats are every second Tuesday at 8 pm. I'm not sure which time zone this is...
    Last edited by Caelia; 25 May 2012, 11:51.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Re: CHAT TOPIC: Free Will and Kemetic Beliefs

Awesome Caelia!

I'm still trying to get chat up and running again. Moving, starting a new job, and trying to find an apartment have been crazy. Yeah, I'd been swapping Kemeticism and Hellenism on alternate Third Tuesday's....we may adjust that, though, once Chats are fully rolling again.
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info and head's up
      my etsy store
      My blog

to descend."

Comment

Oh, I am still keen to join in. Keep us posted and so long as I'm able to attend with the time zone difference, I'll pop in.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

We have been stuck in a hotel much longer then I'd anticipated...restart date for chats was supposed to be April 1st!

Now that I have a move-in date, I'm going to start prepping the calendar for June. News to follow..but since I'm working now, I'm going to be less about actively running a chat, and more about leaving the chat room available and having an idea to spark discussion.
          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Great to hear. Thank you for keeping us posted, and I totally plan on putting on transcripts from the chats on this work so folks can keep up
            my etsy store
            My blog

to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
              Great to hear. Thank you for keeping us posted, and I totally plan on putting on transcripts from the chats on this work so folks can keep up
              That's a great idea! If someone misses the live chat, would it be possible to comment on the transcript if we wish to interject? Sorta, keeping it going after the original chat? I'll practice my 'staying on topic' skills in the mean time. I'm getting better. I had a whole 20 minute conversation about broken blinds earlier! Unfortunately, boasting about how on-topic I can be, has however, made me go off-topic. :s
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

That's actually part of the evil plan I'm devising
                my etsy store
                My blog

to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
                  That's actually part of the evil plan I'm devising
                  It would be ideal! I'm a bit worried, because I can only enter chat on my netbook, and some weeks, I'm lucky if I get on it even once! It might also tempt shyer members, to join in, if they can see what is discussed in these chats.

Comment

Sounds epic. Will try and make it.
                    "Wealth is as swift | as a winking eye
                    Of friends the falsest it is."

Havamal, 74

"The wolf that lies idle | shall win little meat,
                    Or the sleeping man success."

Havamal, 58

Comment

There won't be a chat this week since the chat schedule is still being made. So don't sweat it folks (ok, I think I'm the only one sweating it).
                      my etsy store
                      My blog

to descend."

Comment

Working...
                      X