Job and urgent medical care...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job and urgent medical care...

I hope you guys don't mind if I request this...but at this point anything that might help would be welcome.

My husband desperately needs a job, but for a very important reason in particular. We are barely keeping our heads above water. Financial troubles are bad enough but we've been able to barely squeak by well enough on my checks - but in the last 9-10 months I've been going through really scary health problems. To be brief, I've had head injuries and severe nerve damage in the past with long-lasting effects; months ago however I began to have severe and even life-threatening seizures, and at the very same time (seriously...it's ridiculous) have shown to be at risk for cervical cancer and need close monitoring. I've been mistreated by doctors on both issues (in a nutshell: during a severe seizure while in the hospital, my heart stopped and there was no nurse or doctor in sight - it started back up on its own and they told us "oh it's just the machine, it's all in your head, you'll be fine - have some medication that will make you worse, kiddo......oh yeah and we accidentally switched your charts with another person's. oops? still all in your head tho, screw you it's thanksgiving and we don't care.") and unable to find anyone who gives a damn; the local hospitals are known by everyone to have killed people. We're trying to build a lawsuit but that's a whole other story and suffice to say, we haven't gotten very far.

What this means is we need to drive a very long distance from our small town to reach better healthcare. But we can't. Because we're barely making it by as it is; we can't afford to get help for me. Without somebody hiring hubby, we are screwed a thousand times over. I've continued to have seizures and lots of dangerous health problems. It's getting downright ridiculous. So hey, I mean, if a little prayers would boost our luck, I'm all for it.

If you guys wouldn't mind sparing a prayer or the like, I'd be very grateful. No one's given hubby the chance to work; Michigan's economy is just really bad right now, unfortunately.

Thank you.

Re: Job and urgent medical care...

I am so sorry to hear this. I will definantly keep you in prayers and thoughts. This sounds like one of the reasons my boyfriend and I are getting into the health field so we can try and make a difference.

Comment

It's good to know there are people like you and your bf getting into the medical field - need more like that out there. Doctors seem too eager to shrug off cases they can't diagnose in less than five minutes. It's terrible!

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Comment

I've had my fair share of trying to find answers this past year...it took three different doctors and some insane stupidity. Still looking for more sure answers. You'll be in my thoughts as well...good luck!
        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
          I've had my fair share of trying to find answers this past year...it took three different doctors and some insane stupidity. Still looking for more sure answers. You'll be in my thoughts as well...good luck!
          Yeah, seems to be a common issue. Hope you find some answers soon! Thanks for the good thoughts, and back atcha.

Comment

Ill keep you in my thoughts as well Dez.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

As far as job hunting goes have you tried Michigan Works? They really helped my fiance get a job.
              sigpic

Comment

He's been with them for about a year now. No luck, unfortunately. We keep looking! Fingers crossed.

Thank you for your prayers!

Comment

Working...
                X