Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking and/or drinking mugwort

hey guys

Okay so I have used mugwort a couple of times in my spiritual practice. I find smoking it has more effects, however I do drink mugwort as well. (Not at the same time) I will smoke it the one time piror to sleep, and then 2 weeks later I will drink it, then after another 2 weeks I will smoke it, like a going back and forth. (also depending if I am at somones house, I wont smoke it there because I think its rude) I am not a smoker, I eat healthy and exercise everyday. I care for my health alot, and I am agaisnt drugs for just using it for fun. I dont drink or do any of that stuff, however the only plant or "drug" if you will, I do, is mugwort. I dont do it for fun, or to have trippy dreams, I do it to have spirtual dreams with the gods /guides. I have done this herb atleast twice. The first time I did it I saw my spirit guide whom is an angel, also a psychic I went to told me it was an angel. (happend night after psychic) then RECENTLY I wanted to connect with another guide (whom is a dragon) and I had a dream I was flying on this dragon, and it took me to an eagle. I researched what eagle meant and it said, it means connection with the spirit world, and a high power. Now here comes the tricky part, mugwort can be very toxic, and deadly if taken in high dosage. (I have done alot of research) So thats why I wait 2 weeks for it to compleaty be out of my system (body) My question is, have any of you used mugwort? (drinking it, smoking it, eating it,hanging it near bed etc) And also my main question is, how long should I wait to use it again? Lately I have been feeling very disconnected from the divine, and I did mugwort last on sunday and today is weds, so I dont know if its still in my body. (was gunna make it into a tea) how many weeks should I wait or days, to use it again? I know using herbs in your spirtual practice isnt nessiary however, it helps me. I am the type of person who needs to actually see things in front of me. If I see that, I feel connected and know that when im awake everything around me is there but spirtually. I believe when we sleep we can connect with the godds because we are in the world of our subconcious which is the bridge from the physical to the spiritual. (also part of god) thanks and blessed be

Re: Smoking and/or drinking mugwort

I've drunk and smoked mugwort (though I smoked it mostly has a tobacco substitute) in addition to used it in a dream pillow. I don't see how folks could get a "high" off of it, but it seems I'm not that type of person *shrug*

Anywho, I probably used it once a week, moreso when it was certain anniversary dates for me and I was trying to keep calm. I guess if I were a heavy user I'd probably cut down to one drink and smoke a week after waiting a couple of weeks.

I don't know if that's what you were asking, but I hope it helps.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

that helps alot so like smoke once, wait couple days, then drink it, then wait a week or so ? thanks again

Comment

I suppose that could work. Bear in mind there are other, more well-versed in herbs members who would say otherwise.
        my etsy store
        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
        surrounded by plush, downy things,
        ill prepared, but willing,
        to descend."

Comment

okay thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
            I suppose that could work. Bear in mind there are other, more well-versed in herbs members who would say otherwise.
            I'm one of those other members, but my specialty is more in medicinal herbs than magical :P

Mugwort is mostly harmless - but used internally, it may cause miscarriage. The plant, being from the Artemisia family, does have a small amount of thujone in it, just like wormwood, and also coumarin, which is a blood thinner. If you're already using blood thinning medications (warfarin, coumadin, Vitamin E, aspirin, etc), you'd want to avoid using it internally as well.

The research is still conflicted on the dangers of thujone. Some say it's cumulative & can cause permanent nerve damage & liver damage, other studies say it would take a lot more thujone than once believed to have these effects. I'd say using tea over smoking it to be preferable as long as you're not pregnant or trying to become pregnant, have existing liver disease or are on blood thinners. Any time you smoke something (or breathe in incense or second-hand smoke), you're pulling particulate matter into your lungs, which is not a healthy lifestyle choice for continued respiration.

Mugwort has a long tradition of being a 'visionary' herb, used in dream pillows, euphoria-inducing teas, smoking blends & incenses. It's also the 'moxa' in moxibustion, which is where an accupuncturist burns little wads of herbs on top of the accupuncture needles. If you like point-based heat treatments, it is actually quite soothing - or at least I found it to be. Most modern accupuncturists use heat lamps now, at least in America, because of the liability issues of having wads of burning herbs near anyone's bare skin.
            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Thank you so much for commenting This really helped alot xD
              I tried the tea last night, and it didnt really seem to work as well as the smoking part. I put in 1/2 teaspoon of mugwort in, Idk if thats not enough for it to work or not xD thanks again

Comment

You could try one of the traditional uses - make beer or ale, and replace the hops with mugwort. This use is where the "mug" in "mugwort" comes from, I'm told - herb for the mug (as in "beer mug").

I've never tried mugwort, but I've used other trasditional herbs, like yarrow, for that, and the flavor is actually quite nice.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Thank you I dont drink though cause my grandfather died from alchohol so I dont touch that stuff :P.... Also do you know other herbs that are spirtual before night time, cause I use mugwort for dream enhancement ?

Comment

I have only drank Mugwort and Mullein together once in a tea. I also burn incense made of the stuff on occasion. I was recommended for dream recall. It worked.

Comment

Plain ol' catnip is used quite a bit for dream work, as is lavender. There's not much information on it currently, but an herb called calea is mentioned on erowid as a dream inducer. Since it's on erowid, I'm running under the impression that it may be a borderline hallucinogen, probably similar to Salvia divinorum - but like I said, there's not much information out there about it yet.
                      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

okay thank you guys !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                          ... There's not much information on it currently, but an herb called calea is mentioned on erowid as a dream inducer. Since it's on erowid, I'm running under the impression that it may be a borderline hallucinogen, probably similar to Salvia divinorum - but like I said, there's not much information out there about it yet.
                          I've had borderline results with Calea - it's not at all a hallucinogen. What it seems to do (speaking subjectively) is simultaneously induce sleep, while disrupting the normal sleep cycles. The end result is that you remember more dreams. But... In my experience, the dreams tend to be the nasty, tedious ones where you feel like you are in some kind of vague numb place where your thoughts are cloudy and dull.

I don't recommend it, but it might be worth a try. It's easy to get these days from suppliers of "party herbals" and "entheogenic" herb dealers.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I never heard Of Calea, I am going to look into that, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wind View Post
                              I never heard Of Calea, I am going to look into that, thanks
                              Try here, then. Don't buy seeds, though. They are a bear to germinate!

Comment

Working...
                              X