Gods talking inside head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gods talking inside head

Hey guys, ever since I was a child I would always tell my mind to silence it self. And to this day Ill have thoughts and things and I always say "stop it brain." but I recently found out, I think it may be gods,spirits etc. The reason why I believe this is cause Ill give you a number of things. I can hear energy frequencys and when spirit is present it goes louder. I dont hear voice. However the other day I walked home from school cuz I was sick and I had 2 more classes left but I left earlier. I was very upset and not feeling well. So as Im walking home (in furry and rage) I hear thoughts going in my mind saying " calm down sweetie! I dont think this is a good idea." and I knew it was the goddess bast. I kept going onto home. So today I get to school and let me tell ya, I paid the price. I got 1 detention, a zero on a math test, a lecture from the secetary, (whom was actually being very rude) and a test a teacher wont mark cause its not validated. Today I got home and said "you were right bast" then I had a thought that said "told ya hun." Or another time I was trying to unlock my lock and it wouldnt unlock then I heard a thought that said "visulize it harder coming unlocked and say affirmations." on the 2nd try it worked. Sometimes when I say something, think of something or something I will hear (in my head not with ears) thoughts. Like I was sitting at computer getting upset about yesterday and I heard a voice that said "you really need to cool it hun." and then I said you mean calm down, she said "yes" My question is, how do you know when its the gods voice (or spirit) and your own. I could sit down right now at my computer ask a question and sometimes not even finish what im saying and have a thought. thanks and blessed be

Re: Gods talking inside head

That happens to me, too - but I'm of the opinion that it's my own collective thoughts, rather than an external force. Though...I've never been certain.

Mostly art.

Comment

I've had this too. Sometimes it feels divine, sometimes it feels like it's just my own thoughts and I'm trying to blow smoke up my own butt. Usually I discern it by how much it seems to coincide with my point of view or anything I'd find "agreeable".
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

I get the talking in my head too. But I have an actual mental illness. I would suggest looking into this and ruling this out. Just to make sure what's happening is a valid phenom.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Your question presupposes that your thoughts and god's voice are two different things, Wind. What happens if you begin with the proposition that both are the same thing?
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Oh my gosh thats actually true. thank you

Comment

I have always felt that there are two "me's" inside my head. I like to think of one as my brain and the other is my inner me, the true me... inner essence... the self... the soul if you wish. There is a pretty well known book that goes way deep into this that is called "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle. I loved it.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LiadanWillows View Post
                I have always felt that there are two "me's" inside my head. I like to think of one as my brain and the other is my inner me, the true me... inner essence... the self... the soul if you wish. There is a pretty well known book that goes way deep into this that is called "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle. I loved it.
                Technically isn't that inner essence still stemming from the brain?

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  Technically isn't that inner essence still stemming from the brain?
                  I don't believe so. I think the brain is constantly focused on the past and attempting to determine the future. I believe that inner essence (the soul in my view) is focused on the now. They feel like completely separate entities to me, so its hard to believe they are from the same place. The brain seems to be negative and constantly looking back or dreading what is to come. And the soul seems to be focused on enjoying the moment, feeling the sun, smelling the flowers.
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't believe so. I think the brain is constantly focused on the past and attempting to determine the future. I believe that inner essence (the soul in my view) is focused on the now. They feel like completely separate entities to me, so its hard to believe they are from the same place. The brain seems to be negative and constantly looking back or dreading what is to come. And the soul seems to be focused on enjoying the moment, feeling the sun, smelling the flowers.
                    Technically this 'focus' is still all stemming from the brain. Technically everything is stemming from the brain. Technically all our 'soul beliefs' are still coming from some spongy organ in our head. I know it's a dour thought. But even the deepest 'heartfelt' feeling...is derived from a brain function.

Comment

Technically this 'focus' is still all stemming from the brain. Technically everything is stemming from the brain. Technically all our 'soul beliefs' are still coming from some spongy organ in our head. I know it's a dour thought. But even the deepest 'heartfelt' feeling...is derived from a brain function.
                      It takes one bullet to destroy the world, because it's all in your head.

/oh my gawth

PS: This is post number 666.
                      [4:82]

Comment

Possibly. I have been around enough patients who are brain dead to feel differently. That soul or inner being or energy isn't dead. But this is only from my personal experiences. And maybe it is all in my brain. But it makes me feel warm and fuzzy to think differently so I guess I'd rather be ignorant in this case.
                        sigpic

Comment

Possibly. I have been around enough patients who are brain dead to feel differently. That soul or inner being or energy isn't dead. But this is only from my personal experiences. And maybe it is all in my brain. But it makes me feel warm and fuzzy to think differently so I guess I'd rather be ignorant in this case.
                          upg!

Comment

upg!
                            *shakes her head in Ziltoidian fashion*

I have a feeling I'm going to regret teaching you that term.
                            my etsy store
                            My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                            surrounded by plush, downy things,
                            ill prepared, but willing,
                            to descend."

Comment

upg!
                              well... im confused...
                              sigpic