This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Talking about wine

I like a glass or two (or four) of Red, although my tastes in wine aren't as...hmm.... refined (?) as they are in beer. What I mean is that in wine - I know what I like when I drink it but don't know about wine. I'm much more knowledgeable about beer (though wouldn't claim to be some kind of expert). I like a Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon among others, and am not a fan of Claret (AKA headache juice). Meads and fruit wines make me happy too I tend to like my red fruity and not overly oaky, and if I have to drink white wine I'm afraid I don't like the sweet wines (mind you, maybe I'd like the sweet stuff if I'd tried the expensive sweet stuff) but I do quite like the fizzy whites.
    You can find some of my creative writing at http://libbyscribbles.com

Comment

I love red wines ! Just love them. For some reason i can enjoy a whites. I just dont have a taste for the grape or i have never had a good white wine yet.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I went wine tasting in the Okanagan (a region of British Columbia) when I was visiting Canada. It was really great! I know most people don't think of great wine when they think of Canada, but there are actually a couple of pockets of ideal weather there. In the Okanagan, it's really hot and dry in the summer, but the snowy winters give lots of moisture to the area. Both good reds and whites are grown there, and they all have a unique character. In Southern Vancouver Island, there's also a pocket of wineries. The coast is usually too rainy, but that area is in a 'rain shadow', so it rains less, and summers tend to be on the dryer side. It's not warm enough for reds, but good whites are made there. In the Okanagan, there are a few larger wineries, but the region is mostly full of small, family-run ones...Vancouver Island is almost entirely smaller wineries. The owners are all very passionate about wine!

I made sure to buy a few bottles. I love the unique, modern flavours of the wines. Most of the vinyards are situated near orchards, on lands that used to be orchards. You can somehow taste that in the wine. European wine is great of course, but I like to taste something different!

I'm already wondering how I can somehow manage to get some of those wines over here. I think there are a few slightly bigger ones (ones that sell to BC liquor stores) that could have the capacity to export.

- - - Updated - - -

OMG I LOVE Federweisser! I bought the first bottles of it yesterday to bring to my birthday picnic!

Comment

Comment

I used to hate wine (and all alcohol for that matter) because it was painful to drink. But eventually, after trying it over and over, I've started to like it. Because it's ... I guess you could say fruity... I like Manishewitz.

Comment

As a child I also hated wine.

It is an acquired taste - a taste you must get used to.

But it is worth the while!

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
                    I used to hate wine (and all alcohol for that matter) because it was painful to drink. But eventually, after trying it over and over, I've started to like it. Because it's ... I guess you could say fruity... I like Manishewitz.
                    A maenad who doesn't like wine? :P

Mostly art.

Comment

I am sort of silly in my taste in wine, I like sweet whites... mmm sugar
                      yes I realize my palette is a bit broken, I'm not worried though, I just don't tend to like what is considered "good" wine.
                      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

wine is so good for us to dirnk for a little, such as grape wine , it is good food for women .

Comment

Working...
                        X