THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

anunitu, I agree wholeheartedly! Plus the entire minimum wage debate irritates me....."Back in the day" - if a person worked full time they could afford a small apartment. Our popular culture reflected this, "Mary Tyler Moore", "That Girl", "Alice", "Three's Company", etc. The huge McMansion on the hill belonged to the CEO back then. Starting in the late 70's, things got out of balance, but even into the early 80's, it was possible for 2 people to get by, renting, and saving up for a house. Now? Forget it. ****sigh**** Of course, back then, we didn't have Walmart in every town, or Home Depot, Lowe's, etc., etc. We had lots more Mom & Pop stores. But - people wanted to complain about AT&T, etc., being monopolies. Those got broken up, only to start a string of LARGE competitors, and off we went.
    OK rant over. For now.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Short rant - I got a letter in the mail today. I have to come up with $50,000 somehow within the next two months, or we're suddenly street people.

I think this may be the big one. I can't do this shit any more.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        Short rant - I got a letter in the mail today. I have to come up with $50,000 somehow within the next two months, or we're suddenly street people.

I think this may be the big one. I can't do this shit any more.
        Jesus, what the hell for?

Mostly art.

Comment

Sounds like a balloon payment on a mortgage,and that really sucks.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

can't figure out how to post a youtube video. I'm a n00b.

Mostly art.

Comment

[ video="youtube;cgSqw4z4FSw" ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgSqw4z4FSw[ /video ]

remove the spaces

in the quotation marks after video=, type "youtube;" followed by the code that comes after "v=" in the youtube url.

you have to include the youtube url between the video and /video tags.

"Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

The little graphic above the text box that looks like a film strip,it will bring up a box to put the URL for the video. It is the one next to last on the group of graphics. It says "Insert video" if you mouse over it.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  The little graphic above the text box that looks like a film strip,it will bring up a box to put the URL for the video. It is the one next to last on the group of graphics. It says "Insert video" if you mouse over it.
                  haha... that works too... I'm just used to typing out the BBCode.

but, if you are like me, and using the Basic Editor to post, you will need to change that to get the easy way that anunitu posted.

go to Settings > General Settings and change the Message Editor Interface setting in the Miscellaneous section (you'll have to scroll down a ways to see it)
                  "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

I hate my car!

sure, its a pretty red convertible, a Camaro, which I've wanted my entire life because my dad had one when I was a little kid. but seriously I got stranded at my friends house TWICE in one weekend! first I have a leak in my cooling system, I overheated as I was pulling up to his house... we get that solved the next day... and then I get a flat tire, and I don't have a jack, and by then all the tire places were closed. Yeah, it wasn't expensive, but damn it was irritating! Ready to just sell it and buy a Jeep... I need something to get me away from civilization, something that makes me feel unstoppable instead of crippled. besides, when it hits summer, its not fun in Florida not having AC in your vehicle... sure I could put the top down... but not only is the back window busted out, but the top doesn't like to go down by itself anymore, I have to open the passenger door (cause the window wont go down) so I can use my arm while pushing the button to get it to fold down... and thats after I take the plywood in the back and make it lay flat in the trunk cause thats what I use to keep the rain from coming into the car... so it rolls into my trunk... I mean swimming pool.
                    "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

A Dufonce sighting!

Mostly art.

Comment

Well, this is a pisser...

Drove into work - 20 minutes - only to discover that school was called again due to ice on roads. Twenty minutes back home, quarter tank of gas, and nothing to show for it.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                          Well, this is a pisser...

Drove into work - 20 minutes - only to discover that school was called again due to ice on roads. Twenty minutes back home, quarter tank of gas, and nothing to show for it.
                          Damn! Are you not salaried?

I'm also still in a bit of a rile over what sounded like a balloon payment.

Why in the hell is living so goddamned expensive? Everything revolves around the passing of some abstract representation of assumed (and assigned) value, back and forth, amongst the haves and the have nots. This monetary BS (credit especially but those stupid pieces of green paper, along with these other slips of paper that somehow take the place of bunches of those green ones) is an entirely baseless religion! It needs a redo! The money god has got to go!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                            Damn! Are you not salaried?

I'm also still in a bit of a rile over what sounded like a balloon payment.

Why in the hell is living so goddamned expensive? Everything revolves around the passing of some abstract representation of assumed (and assigned) value, back and forth, amongst the haves and the have nots. This monetary BS (credit especially but those stupid pieces of green paper, along with these other slips of paper that somehow take the place of bunches of those green ones) is an entirely baseless religion! It needs a redo! The money god has got to go!
                            Yeah, I am. The weirdness is that I'm contacted to work 180 days, plus a few free labor days that are added in to make up for snow days. When we go over the limit, we end up working the free labor days, so, technically, I'm paid less overall - I make the same money, but earn less per day.

The big cash thing is an old loan that suddenly came due. Problem is, though, that, after a series of disasters taking place over the last couple of years I have less money (my net worth is currently in negative numbers) than I have ever had before, and no more access to credit.

I know that using credit to get out of trouble is always a loosing proposition, but credit is what middle class people use instead of welfare. Like everything else that happens to the middle class, we end up paying through the ass for everything we get. That's why the middle class is sinking, rapidly and surely, into poverty.

And it doesn't matter how hard you work - any disaster, or series of disasters, is enough to sink ya.

Comment

Even though I'm in a completely different boat, I still find that extremely aggravating.

Hmm. That, there, is an understatement. Like saying a cat-5 hurricane may be a bit damp and breezy.

That's all I can say, here... everything else, that follows, is obscenely profane.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

What a stupid day. My wireless modem decided to kick the bucket, so we spent half the day on the phone with customer service trying to get them to send us a new one (it's rented). They wanted us to test a bunch of stuff before they sent a new one, even though we KNEW it was broken. Eventually, after calling them 3 times, they decided it must be broken and will send a new one.

In the meantime, we got it to work with ethernet, which isn't ideal, because only one of us can use the internet at a time. I'm the one that gets to use it, because I'm the one who works from home.

In the meantime, I got almost no work all day, and since I freelance, work doesn't wait for me....just builds up. I don't have time to work on the weekend because I agreed to sell at this market and can't get out of it. Looks like my next couple of days are going to suck donkey balls. FML

Comment

Working...
                                X