THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

*sniffles. I have myself a big boo boo. I was trying to seperate our shopping carts. Some douche decided to push them all together causing the metal to lock into place. We got a pry bar from inside and started going at it. I hit the cart 3 times. Not realizing as it shot back up it was hitting my tiny tiny wrist bone. I didn't feel anything until I was done. Lo and behold I had a huge lump like a wasp sting growing out the side of my arm. I got a frozen water bottle and tried to bring down the swelling. I was hoping I didn't burst the vein because I'm always afraid of those dreaded blood clots. No bueno. It seems to be I just you know, beat the shiznit out of my wrist bone.

Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
      False labor is an asshole....

That is all.
      Oh I am sorry. My daughter is a christmas baby and all of December I had false labor. IT gets better

Comment

Downloading an audiobook I really wanted (The end is nigh) a after apocalypse compilation, and finding the file corrupted! Gah! I'm going to bed.
        *slams internet door
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Probably more of a whine. My neck hurts. My ears hurt. My head hurts. My body hurts. I feel like sh*t . And I'm on the train to school because I've used up my 3 sick days this term... so now I'm going to pass on the flu to my lovely classmates. From whom I got it because they couldn't stay home sick.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I am not sure this is a rant,BUT saw on the news that Germany had a tornado. I really did not think they could ever have one. The news did say they are very rare there,but still.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
              Probably more of a whine. My neck hurts. My ears hurt. My head hurts. My body hurts. I feel like sh*t . And I'm on the train to school because I've used up my 3 sick days this term... so now I'm going to pass on the flu to my lovely classmates. From whom I got it because they couldn't stay home sick.
              Take care, Iris! Heal soon!
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                Take care, Iris! Heal soon!
                Thanks Gleb
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Nothing like a customer failing to read the price tag and staring at you incredulously waiting for you to tell her she can have the $25 book for $9 because the older edition that isn't brand new and un-used ought to be the same exact book.

Just smile and nod... and wish you had a stupid stick to hit people with on occasion when they do stupid and entitled things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                    Nothing like a customer failing to read the price tag and staring at you incredulously waiting for you to tell her she can have the $25 book for $9 because the older edition that isn't brand new and un-used ought to be the same exact book.

Just smile and nod... and wish you had a stupid stick to hit people with on occasion when they do stupid and entitled things.
                    I had fun with the one who misread a price tag (in her defense the first number was heavily faded) and then tried to argue that we should sell the item to her for the price she thought it was after I looked at the tag she misread and pointed out that she had missed the first digit. It was a day I enjoyed having a walky,

"I need a manager in zone three." Goes over so much better than, "Bad eyesight on your part does not constitute deception on ours. We are not dropping $40 (I have no idea if that was the number) off a price because you failed to read and want to double down on that screw-up."
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                      I had fun with the one who misread a price tag (in her defense the first number was heavily faded) and then tried to argue that we should sell the item to her for the price she thought it was after I looked at the tag she misread and pointed out that she had missed the first digit. It was a day I enjoyed having a walky,

"I need a manager in zone three." Goes over so much better than, "Bad eyesight on your part does not constitute deception on ours. We are not dropping $40 (I have no idea if that was the number) off a price because you failed to read and want to double down on that screw-up."
                      I still find it baffling how the occasional person tends to interpret their own misinterpretations as some kind of unethical business operation on the part of employees (although often only the lowest on the retail ladder). I've made mistakes too, but I'll admit them and apologize if I get cranky about my own mess-ups too. *shrugs* Retail, it is what it is.

Comment

Feeling really overwhelmed. Work isn't too busy, but I still have lots to do. The US dollar isn't doing as hot right now, which means a pay cut. I get swarms of emails on a daily basis and I'm having trouble keeping up with them all. I'm having trouble balancing my social life with my professional life and my family life and I feel like I'm losing friends over it. I have a ton of stuff to get done around the house and need to fix a bunch of clothes and stuff like that, and I feel like the projects just build up. And I feel tired and physically icky.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                          Feeling really overwhelmed. Work isn't too busy, but I still have lots to do. The US dollar isn't doing as hot right now, which means a pay cut. I get swarms of emails on a daily basis and I'm having trouble keeping up with them all. I'm having trouble balancing my social life with my professional life and my family life and I feel like I'm losing friends over it. I have a ton of stuff to get done around the house and need to fix a bunch of clothes and stuff like that, and I feel like the projects just build up. And I feel tired and physically icky.
                          I truly feel your pain. Why not a retreat? Spend time in nature and/or with family and friends? I know modern life often prevents one from living peaceful, slower, more fulfilling lives, but it can be done. Unless you get a lot of fulfillment from work....in that case......don't mind me.......

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                            I truly feel your pain. Why not a retreat? Spend time in nature and/or with family and friends? I know modern life often prevents one from living peaceful, slower, more fulfilling lives, but it can be done. Unless you get a lot of fulfillment from work....in that case......don't mind me.......
                            I do and I don't. Overall, I like the flexibility and creativity offers, but I don't make much money and I find it really straining to be on the computer all day.

I'm getting a few breaks soon, so I just have to stick it out. The weekend after next, I'm going away to Barcelona with family. Not exactly a nature retreat, but it will be a break from my city. A couple of weeks after that, my boyfriend and I want to go to his grandmother's cabin on the Baltic to get out of the city, weather permitting. In August we'll be in Canada for a whole month visiting my family, and we don't have much planned other than hiking, biking, and being outside.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                              I do and I don't. Overall, I like the flexibility and creativity offers, but I don't make much money and I find it really straining to be on the computer all day.

I'm getting a few breaks soon, so I just have to stick it out. The weekend after next, I'm going away to Barcelona with family. Not exactly a nature retreat, but it will be a break from my city. A couple of weeks after that, my boyfriend and I want to go to his grandmother's cabin on the Baltic to get out of the city, weather permitting. In August we'll be in Canada for a whole month visiting my family, and we don't have much planned other than hiking, biking, and being outside.
                              They all sound like wonderful trips. I hope you enjoy. May peace be with you.

Comment

We have a Cook 1 position opening sometime this week. I was a 1 before I moved back to Dallas and had to take a step down. There are 2 of us who can apply for it and get it plus anybody outside the company and so forth. B was told over the last year if he made improvements he could have a 1 spot. B has made some improvements. B thinks the position should go to him, and I mean handed to him. He doesn't feel like anyone else should get a chance. I love B to death but I have busted my ass in the 6 months I have been there and demonstrated that I deserve it as well.

It seems though that B doesn't want any competition because I told him as a courtesy that when it goes up I will be applying for it. He told me he wouldn't be mad at me but if they gave it to me over him he would quit on the spot. He proceeded to go and tell our Chef that exact same statement.

I don't hate him for it but I'm pretty close to it. He knew knew knew when I got back that I had had to take a step down. He watched me bust my ass and prove myself and instead of picking up his game and showing that he deserved that 1 he whined and cried and threw fits. They have gotten complacent in the year and a half I have been gone and think they automatically deserve promotions. Thats not how a kitchen works, and I am not going to sit back and just let him have that position. Especially since hes been talking about quitting since I have been back.
                                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Working...
                                X