Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    This I am in agreement with. I have seen two drunk guys shoot bottle rockets at each other,and this close to houses also.
    Drunk guys? Ha. My family has roman candle fights completely sober lol
    Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
    Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
      I just realized that a good friend of mine is depressed, possibly contemplating suicide, and just really wants someone to listen to him and let him know that they care. The cries for help have been all over the place. Asking me what I'd do if he killed himself and other such self destructive musings, telling me that he's slipping back into drug use, joking about being manic depressive, talking about "moving away" suddenly/without telling anyone, admitting to being mentally unstable...
      I can be so thick, sometimes :/
      I'm troubled by all of this. I really don't know what else to do other than listen to him and let him know that I care. There have been times in my life when I was self destructive and wanted to die, but his inner world is so much heavier and darker than mine. He's had so much more dysfunction to deal with, and I feel so helpless.

I'm scared for him.

Does anyone have any advice?
      I agree with Medusa. As long as you're there, willing to listen, and can show that you genuinely care it will help. If it gets to a scary point (it might already be there, can't say myself) don't be afraid to bring the option of a counselor to his attention or be afraid to call the police in an emergency.

Comment

Ok,on calling the police..I only know how California works with this. If you call the police,you MUST present evidence that the person is a danger to themselves or others. In California the cops will NOT take them if you don't have witness' to back you. It may be different other places. I have had personal experience in a matter like this,I had to call the cops when a person in the co-op system went off meds(Very high strung bi-polar) and I had proof of His condition.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
          I agree with Medusa. As long as you're there, willing to listen, and can show that you genuinely care it will help. If it gets to a scary point (it might already be there, can't say myself) don't be afraid to bring the option of a counselor to his attention or be afraid to call the police in an emergency.
          Thanks, Ljubezen. I don't feel like it's gotten to a point that he's posing any sort of immediate threat to himself or other people, but he does need some sort of care/help.
          He's been off his meds for a while, but, fortunately, he's not at all resistant to the idea of getting back on them. He's been talking about how he wants to starting to take them again quite a lot, recently, and that's something I encourage.

Comment

That's a hard place to be in. I know from experience. Big hugs and much love to you and your friend.

Comment

Fireworks make my dogs go mad. So does thunder and the gas gun. We have to tie them up
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Yeah, my youth was also criminally laden with fireworks foolishness. I still love to set them off but now I do it legally, intelligently, and especially sober.

Plus, the state-wide ban on anything with a report makes a hell of a difference, too, with remaining on the "legal" displays.

I can't say the same for some of the folks around out here. But at least there's quite a distance between neighbors' houses.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

It amazes me, here, around the 4th of July, there are tents set up in the parking lot of the movie theater, selling all kinds of fireworks. All legal. I never saw this before I moved here.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Now you see I'm a teenage male and I never got the "I'm going to blow this up because I can" or "I want to kill it because I can" mentality. I think I only played with fireworks once when I was around 11 because my dad told me to.
                    Circe

Comment

I hate this time of year. 2014 isn't going to be any better than 2013, and no part of my life so far has been better than my early twenties.

Why bother making a resolution? I'll disappoint myself before I even get started.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                        Now you see I'm a teenage male and I never got the "I'm going to blow this up because I can" or "I want to kill it because I can" mentality. I think I only played with fireworks once when I was around 11 because my dad told me to.
                        I'm pushing 60, and I still like to blow crap up... except nowadays, it's a federal felony...
                        I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
                        Tribe of my Tribe
                        Clan of my Clan
                        Kin of my Kin
                        Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                        And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                          2014 isn't going to be any better than 2013
                          Of course it is, that's when the good gen8 games start coming out. MGS5, Destiny, Thief, D3, game of thrones by telltale, titanfall, watchdogs. And the days of future past movie is coming out.

I am so hyped for 2014.
                          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

My husband is depressed, and listless, and getting angry too fast, (not at me, kinda in general or at himself.) and i am scared. I am fairly piled high with depression and anxiety all by myself, I have a hard time keeping me in line and on this side of the edge, I don't know how to keep him here in happiness land along with myself.... I don't want to lose my husband, but he doesn't even want to do things he likes anymore, in bed, to work, home, food, bed. Nothing else anymore.... I am losing my mind. Meanwhile I am averaging 8 hours a week with my job and mt friends all have homes now and babies... and I am feeling all alone now, all the time. I'm getting really depressed now too...
                            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                              My husband is depressed, and listless, and getting angry too fast, (not at me, kinda in general or at himself.) and i am scared. I am fairly piled high with depression and anxiety all by myself, I have a hard time keeping me in line and on this side of the edge, I don't know how to keep him here in happiness land along with myself.... I don't want to lose my husband, but he doesn't even want to do things he likes anymore, in bed, to work, home, food, bed. Nothing else anymore.... I am losing my mind. Meanwhile I am averaging 8 hours a week with my job and mt friends all have homes now and babies... and I am feeling all alone now, all the time. I'm getting really depressed now too...
                              I'm sorry to hear this. Try to spend more time with him, it will have a great influence on him.
                              I hope he will heal quickly.
                              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                                I'm sorry to hear this. Try to spend more time with him, it will have a great influence on him.
                                I hope he will heal quickly.
                                Part of me is afraid that my spending time with him is what's wrong.
                                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
                                X